public hunting

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

public hunting

Postby deadeyehawkins » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm

anyone hunt the marias des cygne public place off of 69 hwy if so what is it like I know they have marsh area's etc but have never hunted it any thoughts. oh yeah sorry about the spelling no Idea how to spell that lol
deadeyehawkins
hunter

Re: public hunting

Postby cluckmeister » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:06 pm

That area sucks, no ducks and to many rattle snakes, game warden constantly spying on you etc. LOL

Since if appears you're a newbie to water fowling I will give you a helpful hint, don't ask guys about areas, you'll never get the truth. Just scout it and learn for yourself.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Duckaholic-Anonymous » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:21 am

It's an overcrowded, unplanted waste of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duckaholic-Anonymous
hunter

Postby deadeyehawkins » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for every ones in put I will have to check it out for myself my biggest thing is I am in no means trying to take any ones spot or anything and I will scout this area on my own just wanted to know if it was worth driving an hour to look at. And for the question of if I am new to waterfowl hunting that would be yes I've only hunted them for two years and truly love it think my deer hunting is going to suffer because of it lol but it's great and I have a lot of fun doing it.
deadeyehawkins
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 pm

deadeyehawkins wrote:Thanks for every ones in put I will have to check it out for myself my biggest thing is I am in no means trying to take any ones spot or anything and I will scout this area on my own just wanted to know if it was worth driving an hour to look at. And for the question of if I am new to waterfowl hunting that would be yes I've only hunted them for two years and truly love it think my deer hunting is going to suffer because of it lol but it's great and I have a lot of fun doing it.

Any area is worth an hours drive, even if its a flop, the drive has got you outdoors, that's what its all about
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby mudpack » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 am

cluckmeister wrote:Any area is worth an hours drive, even if its a flop, the drive has got you outdoors,

That's pretty much how I look at it, too.

To the OP; yes MDC will be worth an hour's drive.
Maybe not an hour and a half, but an hour.....
mudpack
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting