Gobblers

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, yellowlab, dukhntr

Gobblers

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:04 am

Anybody getting ready to start turkey hunting? I think me and my brother are going to go to a place with about 6 toms on opening morning. Been in the same exact spot for the last week.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby big_countryks » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:21 am

What a crazy weekend. So we've had this spot picked out for a little over a month now. Scouted it out, found out where they are roosting and where they come out of the woods to feed in this wheat field. I snuck out in the afternoon and built a blind using chicken wire stretched between two round bales and put some grass in it. We went up on Saturday to make sure the blind was still up and we discovered that all the grass and surrounding woodlands had been burned. Don't know if it was controlled or not. But our haybales are now two large smoldering coals. We were on our way up the next morning to determine if we could still hear some gobbling in what was left of the woods and we almost ran into another flock much closer to home and in a more ideal situation. Guess it wasnt so bad after all.
"When the Buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom..." (Sitting Bull)
"Republicans believe every day is 4th of July, but Democrats believe every day is April 15." (Ronald W. Reagan)
big_countryks
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:45 pm

I am back for good almost. Got a job with the Emporia Kansas Fire Dept. and I am gonna try to work part time for US Fish and Wildlife. Shot a nice gobbler in Linn County. 10.5 in beard, 24 pounds, 3/4 in spur and 7/8 in spur. He was on a dang near inaccessible hillside. Heard him gobble in the morning, and ewnt back and sat for 3 hours in the evening. Well worth it. By far my heaviest turkey ever.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat May 07, 2005 7:30 pm

CONGRATS on the bird. I have already finished my turkey season three weeks ago. Got three longbeards in 2 weeks. By the way was that a rio that you shot? That is a bird that is on my list to get.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Wed May 11, 2005 3:24 pm

we got on last weak 20lbs 10inch beard and 1 spears would've weighed a little more but he'd be reproducin
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting