coldest day of duck hunting last season?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, cluckmeister, yellowlab

coldest day of duck hunting last season?

Postby Duckhunter16 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:12 pm

They weekend befor the last day there was about 3 inchs of snow on the ground and a cold front had just moved in droping the temp into the teens for a high and there where 30 mph wind gust out of the north that made the wind chill about 0 and it also cause the lake to form about 3ft waves and blow mist so your body all your stuff had a sheet of ice on it. All of the decoys had icicles on the it was quit nasty but it was like the best day of the season we almost maxed out so it was worth it.
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:28 pm

umm we dont hunt late season much.. but on Jan. 1st it was COLD... That was probably the coldest day..

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Coldest Day To Hunt

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:19 am

I hunted during Christmas break on a day that I was the only one that went out cause they all thought I was crazy and wouldn't find open water. Found a small patch and hammered the Greenheads (but froze my butt off). Watched 10,000 ducks land on the marsh that morning. Went back the next morning and pushed a disabled hunter for 3 hours in a wheelchair to get him into the good spot. Then broke 4 inches of ice to get the water open (the ducks were sitting on the ice) Let the guy in the wheelchair shoot my gun, since his mean brother took his. It was a magical morning with plenty of ducks to be had. I shot 3 shells and killed three ducks, everyone else took limits. The only downside was that I slipped on some ice and when I hit flat on my back broke through and filled my waders with water.

I did hunt on the river 2 years ago with a -45 windchill. My waders flash froze when I stepped out of the water, and i couldn't shoot cause my gloves were frozen. We got one dang goldeneye that day.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:57 pm

i remember Jan. 1, cause i almost forgot to go get a new license for the year. My cousin had his pup Lilly but she was a 1st year hunter and not used to the ice so we couldn't get her to go get our geese. We got out the canoe and got em later. HEY YELLOWLAB; GOT YOUR DOG TRAINED TO GO FETCH YET? TEACH IT TO BREAK THE ICE OR SOMETHING!
:toofunny: :laughing: :toofunny:
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:17 pm

i think i would rater her stay off the ice my bro kelly bought lost her mom to the stuff
if she dosen;t want to break ice to get to the birds i am nto going to force her
she got caught out in the ice one time last year and that water is to fing cold for me it was a cold ride home and a wate of time setting out dekes because we didn;t get to hunt
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:20 pm

Im just yanking your chain man. She's got a year under her belt now and will is ready to go im sure. AND, we can make shane go get em if theres ice!!! :yes: :salude: what u think of that? :toofunny:
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:26 pm

:toofunny: yeah your lil bro will work i guess i think last year the ice just intemanated her
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:41 pm

Intimidated. you've got to learn to spell.
duckplucker
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:02 pm

:spam: :spam: :spam: man you know i can't spell ... i have over 150 post... i think they all knwo i can't spell too
:spam: :spam: :spam:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:46 pm

True. You again proved you can't spell so I'll stay off your case. :salude:
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting