Duck Hunting Forum banner

KS Teal Hunting

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  big_countryks 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone from KS ever goes teal hunting? This will be my first year, and just trying to find any info or get any info on it. I see its only open for like a week I think. I just got 10 new Teal decoys off of ebay last week. Does anybody know if that would be enough to get started? Just basically any info would be great. Has anyone heard or seen if Cheyenne Bottoms or Mcpherson Wetlands has any water now? Never have hunted Cheyennne, need to go check it out sometime! Thanks

#2 ·
The MP wetlands are bone dry... Went out there a few days ago and everything was dry... We're going to need about 7 inches of rain before season if were going to shoot teal. Last year teal hunting wasn't to good at the wetlands I only shot one. Plus the crowds were crazy. I going to try and find some private ponds to hunt for teal so I don't have to fight all the people. I don't know what the bottoms look like but I hope they have some water. As I love to hunt down there.

/\/\allyard

#4 ·
No luck with rain in Wichita so far today, except a few 1 minute downpoors. Looks like we better be praying for some rain in the next couple of weeks. I know this weekend they are talking good rains, and cooler temps next week, should hopefully help out some.

#5 ·
Don't know much about out west but ne kansas is looking good for teal season. Lot's of rain fell over the weekend and sounds like there's more in store for tonight. i've always done real well for myself during teal season buy scouting the marshes and back water areas around the resevoirs around here. If you're willing to walk a little or have a boat you normally don't have to deal with the crowds. As far as decoys I've always used mallard decoys and the teal have had no problem coming to them. Bigger in my opion is better when it comes to decoy size. Also it seems like with teal it's feast or famin, if you scout and find where the ducks are using you'll have no problems.

#8 ·
Definitely getting rain now!! Wish I could mow my lawn, but heck, sounds like a good excuse not to. Captain, I live in Cheney, maybe we could get together and hunt the lake sometime. PM me if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.