Duck Hunting Forum banner

Duck Hunting

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  kcduckslayer 
#1 ·
I got sucked into duck hunting about five years ago. Since then I haven't had that much time to go. I am going to hit it hot and heavy this year. Basically what I am asking is what is the so called perfect decoy lay out using about 2 1/2 to 3 dozen decoy. I hunt 99% by my self so I don't want to carry much more than that. Also is there such a place to hunt where there arn't too many people and a bunch of f*ing idiots (you know who you are). By the way I am in louisburg, ks south of overland park.

#4 ·
Its is so frikin hard to find a spot because of all the idiots. I have place to deer and turkey hunt (Private land) but no one has any duck land. If they do they sure as heck aren't telling me so I am stuck with the idiots on public hunting. If someone is will to let me in on a secret spot I will let them know where to slaughter the deer and turkey. ANy takers?

#5 ·
You can kill em in spite of the idiots. I hunt Public land almost exclusively for ducks and killed 140 last year. I killed my first gobbler down there on the MDC state land. The MDC refuge has some good spots that are rarely hunted. Go into the office and ask for a map. I worked for the feds, so I know there is some hunting on the refuge that is not very pressured at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.