Pretty Good Books

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, cluckmeister, dukhntr

Pretty Good Books

Postby mudpack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:39 pm

I picked up Doug Larsen's "Don't Shoot the Decoys" about two months ago. What an excellent read!! Reminds me of a modern Gordon MacQuarrie.
I enjoyed it so much that I ordered his second book: "The Duck Gods Must Be Crazy". I'm about halfway through it. Not as consistently enjoyable as the first one, but well worth the money.
Anyone else recently found a good duck hunting book lately?? Pretty slow these days for waterfowlers, but the books are always ready for us.
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Pretty Good Books

Postby EcatMagoo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Are those books fiction or non fiction? I just got done reading "Wings in the Wind, The Armistice Day Storm of 1940" by Jon Steffes. Its definitely worth the read.
EcatMagoo
hunter

Postby d_valle_ » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:34 pm

I might have to look into those Mud. I wish there was an audio book of them. I don't often find time to sit down and read.. but my video well is running empty.
d_valle_
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:52 am

EcatMagoo wrote:Are those books fiction or non fiction?

Not sure, E. They are supposedly "humorous observations on the sport of waterfowling". I believe that they are based in fact, but might have a little.......shall we say, "embellishment" thrown in to add to the entertainment value.
At any rate, I can see lots of truth in his stories. I think you may also. :thumbsup:

By the way, I finished the second book (The Duck Gods Must Be Crazy). It's worth the read, but if you only get one, get his first book (Don't Shoot the Decoys).

The The Armistice Day Storm of 1940 was a sobering event that all duck hunters should read about at least once in their life.
Often wrong, never in doubt...
mudpack
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting