Teal Day Opener

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Teal Day Opener

Postby Captain16 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:05 am

Well, as I was for Dove Hunting opener, I am stuck here at work wishing I was out trying my luck at my first year of Teal Hunting. It is such a beautiful day outside this morning and I am stuck at work. Just wondering how everyones success was today if they did happen to enjoy gods beautiful day out whacking them little suckers! :getdown:
Captain16
hunter

Postby doane25 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:09 pm

three shots, three teal...but i did come up one short in the end. we saw more woodies than teal which was really odd for the place that we were hunting.
doane25
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:42 am

4 hunters 13 teal... Just about every teal that came in was shot. Luckly we got some water to hunt before everyone else did.. Still not many teal around.

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:19 am

Didn't get off work till 8 am. Was up all night so I slept all day. Then I had to be back to work at 8 am today and won't get off till 8 monday. Maybe tuesday I'll go out and see what I can do.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:36 pm

Well, finally got out to Cheney lake this morning and ended up seeing one teal shortly before sunup and knew it was way too early to even try for him. I was up on one of the northern coves we usually duck hunt at on the main lake. Didn't see any other ducks anywhere! :( I ended up checking a pond on some public land out there and the other day when I went dove hunting I saw at least 25 teal, went by there this morning and what did I discover.......0! Never fails, oh well, I am going to try and get out more time during the week sometime. Glad to hear everyone else seems to be doing okay!
Captain16
hunter

Postby Fatweed » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:21 pm

my teal turned into woodies too.... cant go nextweekend either...so will hafta wait till reg season now... uhhhhhhhh think reg season its gonna be cold... i got the feeling gonna be not so nice a winter... time will tell......
Fatweed
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:11 pm

Went out again tonight... it was worthless. We saw2 teal after sundown. But we saw a butt load of dove.. flocks of 20 to 30. My dad and I each shot over half a box and only got 5 dove total... pretty bad. That steel shot just wont bring em down right... and on top of that we can't shoot.

/\/\allyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting