Fulton County Returns

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Fulton County Returns

Postby BlueGooseTN » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:21 pm

I was out riding around checking the water levels at some of our pits(there were 400 mallards feeding in my flooded bean fields) in extreme west Fulton County yesturday afternoon. I went down to the Long Point National Wildlife Refuge across from the pit I am going to hunt next Monday. There were prolly 400-600 specks sitting out in a bean field and there were waves of them coming form Reelfoot Tn and some coming of the River. There were prolly 3,000 ducks, sitting, resting, swimming, feeding, and flying around. It was an awsome site to see, and also good news that the Reelfoot area is holding birds(and there not all heading to Arkansas) There were a few snow geese to, but not like there will be 2 months from now. I started driving towards Philippy Tn, and I saw a large group of duck pass infront of the truck, I stoped b/c the line didint stop, I got out the field glasses and looked as far as I could see!!! Ducks, Ducks, groups of 10s, 50s, 100s. It was awsome I sat there for at least 25 min watchin huge wads after wads of ducks heading North(YAY not South) for the Upper Bottoms of Hickman Fulton County to roost. My dad and I estimated that there were probably 20,000 to 25,000 ducks!!
The ducks are back and I'm ready for next Monday Morning when season reopens. Saturday Ill be 1/2 from were the ducks passed, duck hunting in a pit in Tennessee !!!

The Secrets of Reelfoot and Fulton County

Yes

I have pics of this awsome site, I will be postiong them on the Avery Message Boards !!
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:03 pm

Wow, good luck and it sounds exciting................................can you try to scare some of them to the Louisville area?
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:13 pm

can you try to scare some of them to the Louisville area?

Yeah then to the Augusta area
kyfowler
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting