Any Ducks?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Any Ducks?

Postby PineGroveCat » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:30 pm

I am a bit frustrated so far with the duck numbers I've seen. I am in the Central KY area and quite frankly just don't see any ducks that I don't see all year around. Anybody have anything different to report or any sign that new birds are moving South? It has gotten cold the last few weeks which usually helps but other than that....nothing.
PineGroveCat
hunter

Postby KyDucker » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:56 pm

I agree. There have been very few ducks around. I am checking the creeks tomorrow. I checked them Monday but there weren't any anywhere.
KyDucker
Newb

Postby riffle roamer » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:38 pm

Finally, us central ky boys can finally have some luck, geese and duck numbers grow daily, if we can just get things thawed out so they will stay, lets just hope these horse farms will provide them with enough food and habitat to keep them here a while
riffle roamer
Newb

Postby Bucky193 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:41 am

Just got back from a LBL hunt this morning. Saw about 20 ducks. Killed only one ( me and my friend both shot it) It was a greenWinged Teal so I was happy im going to go and get it mOunted. Were headin tomorro I think probable to Barkley or Duncen Bay in LBL. They were shooting like crazy over there today.
If only my dog could talk and cook I wouldn't need a wife.
Bucky193
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting