Any LBL hunters

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Any LBL hunters

Postby riffle roamer » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:01 pm

wanting to lake hunt for the first time, but dont have a boat---I 'm familiar with lbl from deer hunting and the paths that lead to creeks and shoals off the lake, can a man have success in these types of places without using a boat, rather just driving these paths and dropping a conoe back in the creeks. Anyone familiar with lbl experience
riffle roamer
Newb

Re: Any LBL hunters

Postby Fowlercon » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:23 pm

riffle roamer wrote:wanting to lake hunt for the first time, but dont have a boat---I 'm familiar with lbl from deer hunting and the paths that lead to creeks and shoals off the lake, can a man have success in these types of places without using a boat, rather just driving these paths and dropping a conoe back in the creeks. Anyone familiar with lbl experience

Not me. But like with anything else good scouting and asking lots of questions to the right people pays in spades. Check this website below and contact a DNR official. Good luck.

Cort

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:23 pm

I know everybay in LBL and Ive hunted everybay the best place to tell u is trevor bay and the very first bay off the Aurora side of LBL and DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT HUNT VIKERS! Vikers bay is off to any hunters this year cause of the roads. U have to have a boat and that place is the place i hunt
So what else do u want to know?
If only my dog could talk and cook I wouldn't need a wife.
Bucky193
hunter

Postby oscar67 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:19 pm

i,m going to be at the blind drawing for barkley lake in september . i would like to meet and possibly sign on someone from the area if i get drawn for a blind. i have done this with great sucess at reelfoot and made a couple great new duck hunting friends ,and life long invite in the process. i have several friends in henderson ,union county area that i hunt with and usaully have a spot in a pit most years. i also have a 14 x48 with avery blind and a good heater if anyone wants to get together for some hunting in the linton/cadiz area. new to area myself . been seeing lots of birds already. looking forward to learning new area and meeting new hunting friends.
oscar67
hunter

Postby 0791challenger » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 pm

oscar67 wrote:i,m going to be at the blind drawing for barkley lake in september . i would like to meet and possibly sign on someone from the area if i get drawn for a blind. i have done this with great sucess at reelfoot and made a couple great new duck hunting friends ,and life long invite in the process. i have several friends in henderson ,union county area that i hunt with and usaully have a spot in a pit most years. i also have a 14 x48 with avery blind and a good heater if anyone wants to get together for some hunting in the linton/cadiz area. new to area myself . been seeing lots of birds already. looking forward to learning new area and meeting new hunting friends.

Never hunted down there but we have a houseon the lake right beside little hurricane bay. We have been threating to go down there hunting for years just never have. We fish and ride wheelers down there alot.
0791challenger
hunter

Postby oscar67 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:35 pm

i,m on the back of big hurricane . been down there deer hunting alot. from the sound of it the blinds near by are doing well. we did not get drawn for a blind this time.i plan on doing some scouting around this season to learn the area .going down to reelfoot next week . friends been callin ,says they are in the birds good.
oscar67
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting