new to duck hunting and dhc

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

new to duck hunting and dhc

Postby spencer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:51 pm

hello fellers,im new to duck hunting,was wandering how to do it. ran trap line several years back and found lots of ducks and geese,havent been back.this year i decided to give them a try,with work and all havnt made it yet.is cloudy days better than sunny?,is cold days better than warm?should i get a guide to show me somestuff.cant find no one around here that duck hunts.love to hunt everything and have hunted over 30yrs.should i just grab gun and decoy and jump in? hunting a river. any help is greatly thanked.God BLESS
spencer
Newb

Re: new to duck hunting and dhc

Postby big8s » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 pm

your scenario sounds exactly like mine Im new to it and hunting a spot I beaver trapped. All I can tell ya is just go for it, I try to go every weekend no matter the weather. I have to say so far the best day I had in the swamp was a cold morning that warmed up fast after the sun came up and was bright and nice. But I dont worry bout the weather to much I just enjoy being out there.
big8s
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting