DOG TRAINER

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

DOG TRAINER

Postby duckjunke » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:50 pm

New to the site. Does anyone know of a good dog trainer in the area? Any help greatly appreciated!!!!
duckjunke
hunter

Re: DOG TRAINER

Postby drake37 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Pointer or retriever
drake37
hunter

Postby duckjunke » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Retriever
duckjunke
hunter

Postby drake37 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 am

Where are you located, have you considered doing it yourself? Can be very rewarding.
drake37
hunter

Postby duckjunke » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I live near Benton,Ky. I trained my first dog and loved doing it but she is 12 years old now and retired from hunting. I currently do not have time due to work to train a dog until this fall. I am looking into possibly sending him off to a school this summer to get him started then working with him this fall when I get more time when work slows down.
duckjunke
hunter

Postby wing chasers » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 pm

well your in luck there is a trainer not to far from you. located in reidland her name is donna and she runs stone creek kennels. she trained my dog and a few other dogs i have hunted over and would recommend her to anyone. she does training two different ways u can leave ur dog or take it every week. dont have her number on me but if you get on 68 from draffenville to reidland she is the first road on ur left after u see the mccracken co sign. she is down that road on the left. i would go visit and talk to them.
Ky: ducks- 33 geese- 18
Tn: ducks- 0 geese- 0
In: ducks- 31 geese- 0
Il: ducks- 0 geese- 0
Mo: ducks- 22 geese-1
wing chasers
hunter

Postby duckjunke » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks wing chasers I will definitely go talk to them
duckjunke
hunter

Postby mox » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:37 pm

I use a guy in AR. If you're interested, PM me.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 am

I would recommend Wildrose Kennels in Oxford, Mississippi. I bought a pup from there and now their training him. He wont be back for this duck season but that’s cool with me. You need to check into them.....The dogs are awesome. Couldn’t say even good about what Mike is doing down there.

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby DeathCommander » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:28 pm

quackstacker2 wrote:I would recommend Wildrose Kennels in Oxford, Mississippi. I bought a pup from there and now their training him. He wont be back for this duck season but that’s cool with me. You need to check into them.....The dogs are awesome. Couldn’t say even good about what Mike is doing down there.

Cant wait to hunt over Ike man :thumbsup:
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby joshfcb » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:39 am

wing chasers wrote:well your in luck there is a trainer not to far from you. located in reidland her name is donna and she runs stone creek kennels. she trained my dog and a few other dogs i have hunted over and would recommend her to anyone. she does training two different ways u can leave ur dog or take it every week. dont have her number on me but if you get on 68 from draffenville to reidland she is the first road on ur left after u see the mccracken co sign. she is down that road on the left. i would go visit and talk to them.

I second Donna. Her and Jeff are great people and will tell you like it is. You can contact her at 994-8330.
joshfcb
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:19 am

DeathCommander you and me both. Ike is going to be raring to go! I put in for hunts in Ballard and Sloughs for blind spots. I've got 3 spots tied up but you and one of your buddies are welcome to join in!
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2

Postby DeathCommander » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 pm

quackstacker2 wrote:DeathCommander you and me both. Ike is going to be raring to go! I put in for hunts in Ballard and Sloughs for blind spots. I've got 3 spots tied up but you and one of your buddies are welcome to join in!

Me and ThatsQuacktastic are going up to owen county this weekend on a goose hunt so if it turns out good we might have a new hole up there for duck as well. We will have to try to get together and go up there sometime when your free. Do the Ballard blind entries cost anything? Let me know if you want me to throw in on something like that to help with costs.
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:33 pm

It cost us all $6 to enter....i hope the hole you are referrring to turns out to be a good duck spot! Cant wait for the 24th....It will be a blast.

quackstacker2

Postby DeathCommander » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:38 pm

ahhh man im chompin at the bit :grooving: :grooving: :grooving: :beer: :beer: :beer:
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting