Almost Free Boat Blind

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Almost Free Boat Blind

Postby ghostingrey » Fri May 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Bought a used homemade scissor blind for my boat last year but it was too big and i never used it. It's almost free for anyone who wants. All I'm asking in payment is a 30 pack of High Life. I'll also accept GPS coordinates for honey holes :wink:

Blind measures about 13 ft long by about 70 inches wide. I think it was designed for and 1860 or 1872 boat.

It's made from square tube iron rod and conduit. It has camo netting and a windblocker tarp attached. I did make one partial cut into it before I realized how much work it was going to be to alter it. The cut doesn't go all the way through the tubing but would probably need repair before use.

The blind is in Lexington. I can help you load it on your boat/trailer. PM me if interested.
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Re: Almost Free Boat Blind

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun May 08, 2011 12:51 pm

if u were in western ky id be all over this. and i got a ton of high life lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Tue May 10, 2011 12:22 pm

What kind of shape and what dimesions are the camo netting and windblocker? I'd give you a 30 pack for just that if its in decent shape? Let me know
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby ghostingrey » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 am

Never thought it would be so hard to give away a boat blind.

I've never even unrolled it so I'm not sure about the condition of the netting and windblocker. From what I can tell the nettting looks to be a bit faded but in fair condition. The windblocker is basically a modified tarp and appears to be in good shape.

I'm happy to give away the netting and windblocker,the only catch is you have to take the frame too. :lol3:
ghostingrey
State Moderator

Postby teddysberna » Wed May 11, 2011 7:58 am

Check your PMs Ghost, let's work something out here...
ByersFarm wrote:

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 pm

i live close to cincy now I may drive on down and pick this up from ya. my buddy lives in frankfort also. i may have him get it for me.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:39 am

Haven't heard from this dude in weeks Outlaw, I don't know what happened to him... Where at in the Cincy area are you? I'm in Bellevue now, 2 minutes from Newport... What brought you up here and out of that heavenly place in WKY?
ByersFarm wrote:

teddysberna
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 am

im on an internship. im in piqua ohio. which is still 1hr and 30 mins away. I am in milwaukee this week. i travel all over with work.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting