ohio river hunting

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

ohio river hunting

Postby duckruschinn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Anybody hunt near louisville on the ohio river? WE sometimes hunt the power plant in trimble co and in madison, but birds are sparatic. Just wondering if anyone else is in the area and what they are seeing. Thanks!
duckruschinn
hunter

Re: ohio river hunting

Postby huntthemup » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:08 pm

That's hunting the river .Birds one day and gone the next .We hunt from Above patriot to below 18mile island. Last year we were covered up in birds . And needed more hunters to keep the birds moving . If we get into birds ill post . I don't mind helping people get on the birds . Good luck and be safe .
huntthemup
hunter

Postby scastle » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:35 pm

went to reds game last sat. about a hour befor dark seen several groups of geese go over ball parl
scastle
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Yea I'm up in NKY in Newport, there's a lot of geese and ducks around the marinas, they always move at dark...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby duckruschinn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:10 pm

we hunt in between captains quarters and 18 mile island. we stay on that section mainly, but have ventured up to the madison power plant, and let me say I've never seen that many geese in my life!!!!! Do you usually find the geese in the same vicinity? we scouted 18 mile island this past weekend and found a few spots that looked promising, but hey who knows.
duckruschinn
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting