Duck Hunting Forum banner

land between the lakes

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  FOWLER2671 
#1 ·
Hello my wildcat friends, I need a little help on a hunting adventure I am tring to put together for a friend of mine that has a son stationed in your fine state. He is stationed a Fort Campbell and we were looking to duck hunt land between the lakes and I would like to show him a good hunt for his first time out. Can any of you help with a good place to launce from, hunt, and possible even lodge for a couple days in January.

Thank you
MSgt M. Six

#2 ·
The only advice I can give relates to Barkley. General rule of thumb is divers north of the 68/80 bridge, puddlers are south. Killed a few divers last year north of the bridge, never been south.
Also, make sure and buy the LBL permit if you're planning to step foot on LBL property. That could save you a little time and $$$.
There are a couple fellas on the forum that are lake veterans who may shine more light than I can. Hope that gives you a jumpstart. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
January is usually cold around here and most of the bays with lake access in LBL will be froze. Thats not a guarantee but very likely. If your wanting a place to stay in LBL, Wranglers Camp horse riding facility has cabins you can rent for cheap and they are fairly decent. We stay there during the quota turkey hunts. If your looking for a hotel Cadiz will be your best bet with resturants and such to choose from and a short drive back to LBL. Is there a certain reason you are wanting to hunt LBL specific? All of Barkley is public. You are kinda limiting yourself by singling out just LBL. Ill tell you what, I will tell you all of teamoutlaws lbl spots!! What you think Blake? :beer:

#4 ·
mox said:
The only advice I can give relates to Barkley. General rule of thumb is divers north of the 68/80 bridge, puddlers are south. Killed a few divers last year north of the bridge, never been south.
Also, make sure and buy the LBL permit if you're planning to step foot on LBL property. That could save you a little time and $$$.
There are a couple fellas on the forum that are lake veterans who may shine more light than I can. Hope that gives you a jumpstart. :thumbsup:
Mox is right. The divers are north of the bridge and the greenheads and grey ducks are south of it. Kinda weird!! :huh:

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. the only reason I was looking at LBL is lack of knowledge of the area and and it's a big body of water thats close to Fort Campbell. I am all ears for a better spot, I just want to show this young PFC and his Dad a good time waterfowling before he heads back over seas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.