Breathable Waders

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Breathable Waders

Postby Blood River » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Wondering if anyone has or knows anyone that has a pair. Opinions? Hearsay??
Blood River
hunter

Re: Breathable Waders

Postby kydrake » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Usually when waders start breathing that means they got a hole and I throw them away. :yes: I dang sure wouldnt buy any with holes already in them!! :lol: :lol: Sorry i couldnt help it!! :thumbsup:
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby Blood River » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Haha. Well, I'm gonna try them out. Only thing I'm worried about is getting a little chilly.
Blood River
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:30 pm

I have been looking at them, too. They seem to be a lot easyier to move around in....
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby mox » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 pm

If you're buying Drake's EST waders, pick me up a pair while you're at it. :thumbsup:
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby Blood River » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Hope they are better than the LST. Had 3 buddies buy them last yr and none of them made it through a season.2 leaked from the knee pads and the other in the boot, I think. Honestly, from what I hear and read, nobody makes them to last unless you get lucky and get some that weren't made on friday or monday. Haha. I hear more good things about lacrosse.
Blood River
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 pm

I got a good pair of EQ waders that worked out for me, going on 3rd season with nary a problem
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby kydrake » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Cant go wrong with LaCrosse!!
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby mox » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm

kydrake wrote:Cant go wrong with LaCrosse!!

Couldn't have put it any better myself.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby grnhd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 pm

I bought my first pair to try out this season,Cabelas dryplus.
I've got a buddy that has a pair of Lacrosse breathables,swampfox or something like that,and he loves them.How they have done for him is the reason I'm giving the Cableas a try.He wears them until the temps get in the 20's and then goes to neo waders.He's had his breathables for going on 3 seasons.He's ripped a hole or two in them and even burnt a perfect circle from a hot exhaust.He says that they are super easy to patch and that none of his repairs are leaking.
Hope this helps.
Nobody gives a crap about your season totals.
grnhd
hunter

Postby quackMD » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:35 am

I bought my first pair last year. Hunted in them a handful of times. Mobility is much better. About like having a pair of bibs on. Great if your in a blind or pit and mainly need waders for setup and retrieves. I put mine on like a pair of pants at house with short drive to hunting spot. Don't waste time in morning struggling to get in waders in parking lot at hunting spot. Suggest trying to find a pair with plenty of thinsulate in the boots. Most are 400 or so. I bought Gander Mtn ones for about $140. If your not standing in water for hours, I think they are way better than neoprene. Don't sweat in the early season or the typically mild first part of main season in KY. Suspect you will get cold standing in water for hours with temps below freezing, but should be able to play with fleece layering underneath to find a comfort zone for that. Probably could comfortably wear a pair of insulated bibs underneath if you wanted. I bought 300 weight fleece socks this offseason to try to offset the lack of insulation in the boot. Looking forward to trying it out.
quackMD
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 am

i bought of pair of breathable waders from cabelas and i had to send them back.....Too lightweight even when i wore wool pants and layered heavy!
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting