Anybody killing any early geese

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Anybody killing any early geese

Postby duckruschinn » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Just went out hunting some early geese on the ohio river, wondering if anybody is doing any good? we see 30-40 a day but only a hand full have come in to range. killed one today, dog wouldn't go get it so my buddy did, rather funny actually. trying to upload the pic.
duckruschinn
hunter

Re: Anybody killing any early geese

Postby teddysberna » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Just out of curiousity, what size boat are you using?
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby DuckRuschInn1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:02 pm

We Use anything from a 16 foot extra wide extra deep jon boat with a custom blind to two 11 foot bass trackers we have retro fitted to be layout boats for the fooded fields.
DuckRuschInn1
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:33 am

Gotchya... I've got a 16' with an 18hp motor on it but up here around Cincy there is just too damn much traffic for me to even think about going out there in it right now...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby duckruschinn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:53 pm

it gets kind of scary some times, i.e. when a large cruiser doesn't see you, because of camoflauge i hope, and nearly sinks you with his waves, but over all not that bad if you get out early.
duckruschinn
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting