QUACKSTACK

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: QUACKSTACK

Postby teddysberna » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:12 am

teamoutlaw wrote:I just post pics because i like seeing them myself. i like the scenery pics, spreads, dogs, etc. helps me pass the time at work

This x10 :beer:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:00 am

JamieDuck1993 wrote:wow outlaw if you ever had an extra space I would love to tag along and learn the ropes. I love those laydown boats you have. and think it would be cool to bust some ducks outta them. Do you hunt on ky and brakley lakes a bunch of the time... I have heared that there is lots of ducks on them and that if you know how it is good huntin.

I am with Jamie, maybe I can get in on some of the big lakes shooting. Outlaw you or kydrake help people out that want to hunt the big water???

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 am

dont be hatin duckbuster you too could one day join the wolfpack lol. :yes:
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:07 am

If only I could be so lucky.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:08 am

mmayes wrote:I am with Jamie, maybe I can get in on some of the big lakes shooting. Outlaw you or kydrake help people out that want to hunt the big water???

Mayes

You hunt the big lakes already boss lol. I dont know alot about the diver hunting but I am going to get into it more. ive built my spread up in the off season to 13 dz diver decoys. flirting with the idea of running most of them on gang rigs.

I also bought a layout boat so probably going to get a buddy out on the water and get to trading up 1 at time and trying to bust some divers.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 am

duckbuster06 wrote:If only I could be so lucky.

easy young grasshopper. your time will come lol.

just dont pull out a knife and cut your finger and try none of that blood brothers stuff on us lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am

Yes sir thank you sir.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 am

teamoutlaw wrote:
mmayes wrote:I am with Jamie, maybe I can get in on some of the big lakes shooting. Outlaw you or kydrake help people out that want to hunt the big water???

Mayes

You hunt the big lakes already boss lol. I dont know alot about the diver hunting but I am going to get into it more. ive built my spread up in the off season to 13 dz diver decoys. flirting with the idea of running most of them on gang rigs.

I also bought a layout boat so probably going to get a buddy out on the water and get to trading up 1 at time and trying to bust some divers.

Who me??? :rolleyes: I have no idea what you are talking about. I am new to hunting remember :help:

13 dozen wow that's a lot of decoys. Whats gang rigging? Is layout boat hunting fun?

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:38 pm

gang rigging is done in the ghetto.... you just gotta be there to know what it is.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby lablover0929 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 pm

That's one thing I have never done is layout boat gunning for divers. I've got the new boat just about ready, 1860 Duracraft. The lakes could be solid options for this season, since I now have a larger, more suitable and safer boat.
TEAM YELLA DAWG
lablover0929
hunter

Postby mmayes » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:51 am

lablover0929 wrote:That's one thing I have never done is layout boat gunning for divers. I've got the new boat just about ready, 1860 Duracraft. The lakes could be solid options for this season, since I now have a larger, more suitable and safer boat.

Layout boats are fun, but the larger your feet the less comfortable they are. It can be point blank shooting.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:15 am

I picked up a layout boat up in ohio and like mayes said, i got size 12s and there is not much foot room or wiggle room, but should be a decent setup. I talked to fowler about it also he has a mlb layout so we may try and run and gun on some divers this season and see what happens. I been watching craigslist up here alot and found a dozen cans for $50 so i snagged them. the more white and black i can get in the spread the more it will stand out. I know a few places on the south end I could pull the boat out there and dock the big boat and wade out with the layout boat if i wanted to hunt alone.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby mmayes » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:48 am

teamoutlaw wrote:I picked up a layout boat up in ohio and like mayes said, i got size 12s and there is not much foot room or wiggle room, but should be a decent setup. I talked to fowler about it also he has a mlb layout so we may try and run and gun on some divers this season and see what happens. I been watching craigslist up here alot and found a dozen cans for $50 so i snagged them. the more white and black i can get in the spread the more it will stand out. I know a few places on the south end I could pull the boat out there and dock the big boat and wade out with the layout boat if i wanted to hunt alone.

I have a friend with a MLB for sale. BTW- if you can afford it I would run Herters Burlapped Decoys as they will stand up a lot better to the abuse from layout hunting. Also make sure you have 3X the rope for you layout boat anchor than the water you are hunting.

I was lucky enough to hunt with Mark Rongers and one of his boat builders before he sold the company and he was very forth coming with how to use a layout rig.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby lablover0929 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 am

Size 14 feet. Could be in trouble...
TEAM YELLA DAWG
lablover0929
hunter

Postby big_country » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Oh put me in coach, I'm ready to play, today.....
Dam Ducks
big_country
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Look at me I can be Centerfield!
teamoutlaw
hunter

Previous

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting