Anybody got any tips for a new guy?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: Anybody got any tips for a new guy?

Postby duckbuster06 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:52 pm

If he blows Foiles calls then he's gotta be a good one.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:53 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:I read all of that and it looks like just checking stuff out. .

welll what the heck do u think scouting is lol. serenading them with your custom call skills so they fly up off the refuge and land in your swimming pool so you can see if they are banded. lol jk.

posy up a video or sound file of these calling skills boss.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:57 pm

do you hunt with Blue Waffles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Yes I can call good and I practice practice practice . Plus I have a 300 dollar custom Foiles call.

And I know all the bad stuff you want to say about Jeff but he was always nice to me and shared several tips when I call and ask for advice. He even gives me a discount most of the time on his stuff.
dont bash unless you know the real deal.

I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic of my sweet favorite custom call.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:32 pm

you will have to call him in prison here soon. nuff said....
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:34 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:Yes I can call good and I practice practice practice . Plus I have a 300 dollar custom Foiles call.

And I know all the bad stuff you want to say about Jeff but he was always nice to me and shared several tips when I call and ask for advice. He even gives me a discount most of the time on his stuff.

Does it have diamonds on it?
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 pm

All together I probably have $2k worth of calls.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Why not just buy some duck property with that money?
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kydrake » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Man this has got interesting quick. Whats your name? Im gonna call Jeff and ask him how mad your skills are. :yes:
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:12 pm

It is ok if you doubt me. I didn't say I spent that much on calls I said that is what they are worth. Lots are collectors items and tuned just for me. Snd they found great!

Anyway where can you find duck land for 2k?
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:45 am

Is blue waffles your brother.... are you on his prostaff.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 am

:lol: :lol:

Hey Slick Britches...you can hunt with me anytime. I suck at calling and would love to have you come live with me for the next couple of months and teach me everything Foiles knows.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby mmayes » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:48 am

JamieDuck1993 wrote:Yes I can call good and I practice practice practice . Plus I have a 300 dollar custom Foiles call.

Not to burst your bubble on Mr. Foiles, but you are one of a very lucky few that he was "nice" to. I have been around him many times over the years and my personal opinion of said individual is not very high and that was before all of his legal troubles. Practice makes perfect on sounds, experiance dictates when to use those sounds and not to.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:53 am

quackstacker2 wrote::lol: :lol:

Hey Slick Britches...you can hunt with me anytime. I suck at calling and would love to have you come live with me for the next couple of months and teach me everything Foiles knows.

Ok you can PM me if you want. I don't know why ya'll are so down on Jeff.

Anyway I wave a brand new extrema 2 so bustin ducks should be no problem.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 am

I tell you what... I live about 10 miles from Harrodsburg. I'm right off 127....I can meet you somewhere and I'll even bring Johnny Boy. Speaking for Johnny, he and I will want to hear your calling. I'd love to meet someone like yourself. Do you charge for autographs?
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2

Postby mmayes » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:38 am

quackstacker2 wrote:I tell you what... I live about 10 miles from Harrodsburg. I'm right off 127....I can meet you somewhere and I'll even bring Johnny Boy. Speaking for Johnny, he and I will want to hear your calling. I'd love to meet someone like yourself. Do you charge for autographs?

Q2, I think this kid is the real deal, better watch out you might learn something from him. I know I am

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby hoyboy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:05 am

I with kydrake this thread has done got fairly entertaining :yes: . Even though he is digging his own hole yall should give him a break, sounds like he is only about 12 years old......... A word of advice for you JamieDuck, Just becuase you have a expensive shotgun and $300 diamond inlayed foiles call doesnt make you a duck hunting guru. First step in becoming a great duck caller is knowing when and when NOT to call. Then practice your mad skills.... :thumbsup:
hoyboy
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:47 am

mmayes wrote:
quackstacker2 wrote:I tell you what... I live about 10 miles from Harrodsburg. I'm right off 127....I can meet you somewhere and I'll even bring Johnny Boy. Speaking for Johnny, he and I will want to hear your calling. I'd love to meet someone like yourself. Do you charge for autographs?

Q2, I think this kid is the real deal, better watch out you might learn something from him. I know I am

Mayes

I believe you're right....He's probably going to school all of us b4 its over with. :lol3:

quackstacker2

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:32 pm

hoyboy wrote:I with kydrake this thread has done got fairly entertaining :yes: . Even though he is digging his own hole yall should give him a break, sounds like he is only about 12 years old......... A word of advice for you JamieDuck, Just becuase you have a expensive shotgun and $300 diamond inlayed foiles call doesnt make you a duck hunting guru. First step in becoming a great duck caller is knowing when and when NOT to call. Then practice your mad skills.... :thumbsup:

What if I bought an $3000 dog and paid another 6k or so to have him trained? Would I fit in then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by JamieDuck1993 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:55 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:
hoyboy wrote:I with kydrake this thread has done got fairly entertaining :yes: . Even though he is digging his own hole yall should give him a break, sounds like he is only about 12 years old......... A word of advice for you JamieDuck, Just becuase you have a expensive shotgun and $300 diamond inlayed foiles call doesnt make you a duck hunting guru. First step in becoming a great duck caller is knowing when and when NOT to call. Then practice your mad skills.... :thumbsup:

What if I bought an $3000 dog and paid another 6k or so to have him trained? Would I fit in then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone hooked a big one. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 pm

not unless u got it from wildrose. and honestly id rather pay alot for a good dog then 2k worth of calls. I enjoy hunts with my dog even when we dont get a bird, and he's mans bestfriend all the time.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:

Yeah that's kinda like an entrance fee.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackstacker2 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:42 pm

This guy is either a retard or us guys are in big trouble this season :lol3:

quackstacker2

Postby kydrake » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 pm

mmayes wrote:
JamieDuck1993 wrote:

Someone hooked a big one. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mayes

Got to give it to him Q2.... He got you!! :yes: :yes:
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby kydrake » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:08 pm

quackstacker2 wrote:This guy is either a retard or us guys are in big trouble this season :lol3:

Either way its gonna be entertaining! :clapping:
kydrake
State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting