Anybody got any tips for a new guy?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: Anybody got any tips for a new guy?

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:39 am

He could teach you what not to do...

every time i blow my call those small black ducks swim up in packs in my decoys, then we shoot and they skim the water, i think we crippled em all.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am

I thought I had to have a $9,000 dog to fit in???? I'm still working on getting a custom call from Jeff and I've put down a deposit for a SBEII. Teamoutlaw, I promise if you take me to all your secret honey holes, you'll kill more ducks than you ever have!! JamieDuck1993, I'm just waiting for the foreskin on Jeff to heal and then its my turn!!! :clapping:
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 am

quackstacker2 wrote:I thought I had to have a $9,000 dog to fit in???? I'm still working on getting a custom call from Jeff and I've put down a deposit for a SBEII. Teamoutlaw, I promise if you take me to all your secret honey holes, you'll kill more ducks than you ever have!! JamieDuck1993, I'm just waiting for the foreskin on Jeff to heal and then its my turn!!! :clapping:

what kind of truck do you drive? I'll be watching for you up 127.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 am

The truck is very easy to pick out. Its a 2002 Chevy ZR2, pewter is the color. I have a chrome tool box as well. Just ask around when you come into town everyone will know who you're looking for. :wink:
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Yep ,every town has at least one. :thumbsup:
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:48 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:I have been huntin all my life and just started duckin a couple years ago. Me and my cousin mostly float on creeks and ponds around middle Ky but we want to try different things and was thinkin about heading to Ballard county and maybe peabodies some this year. Is there Much ducks over there and what all do we need? We got a canoe and some decoys and a few calls. Thanks for any help pointin us in the right direction. Jduck

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: to you the all mighty duck caller :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Yeah and every forum has a clown like you too! :thumbsup:

quackstacker2

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 pm

id go as jeff foiles as halloween.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:40 am

I just camed on here lookin for advise and help and some of you has been real nice and some of you has been real mean.
its always been that way for me though I've always been short I can take it. Just keep pickim on the new guy Ill sit in corner and watrch. thanks to the ones of you that were nice to me.

Jduck out.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:27 am

Look man, Most people on here are awesome people with tons off know how!!! You just came off wrong and people saw a chance to attack.... I don't have a problem with you and others probably don't either. But don't come on here telling everyone that your a awesome caller and you have all this experience while at the sometime asking for information. I've learned a lot since joining back when I was younger.

quackstacker2

Postby duckbuster06 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:35 am

quackstacker2 wrote:Look man, Most people on here are awesome people with tons off know how!!! You just came off wrong and people saw a chance to attack.... I don't have a problem with you and others probably don't either. But don't come on here telling everyone that your a awesome caller and you have all this experience while at the sometime asking for information. I've learned a lot since joining back when I was younger.

Does anyone else see the irony in this?
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackstacker2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:12 am

I've never came across wrong on this forum, but now on the Ky hunt forum that would be a different story! I asked a few questions on Ky hunt forum and people started running their mouth for no reason so I came back at them! I enjoy DHC and everyone on here.

quackstacker2

Postby mmayes » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:07 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:I just camed on here lookin for advise and help and some of you has been real nice and some of you has been real mean.
its always been that way for me though I've always been short I can take it. Just keep pickim on the new guy Ill sit in corner and watrch. thanks to the ones of you that were nice to me.

Jduck out.

You just keep asking your questions and we will get you answers to them. Don't let them get you down. I know you are an awsome caller. I got a buddy named Major that can help ya out with all the help with calling and places to go in KY, MO, and IL.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks for the support but stuck up hunters like quackestacker 02 are out to get me. I'm just a young guy trying to find a place to bust some ducks. I don'nt have no money and just have a decent job but im gonna do what it takes to find some ducks an bust em up. don be hatin til ya get the flava....jduck out.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby kydog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey man!! Hang in there !! We mite have a spot open for a new guy this year !! Fire me a pm
kydog
hunter

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:09 am

JamieDuck1993 wrote:Thanks for the support but stuck up hunters like quackestacker 02 are out to get me. I'm just a young guy trying to find a place to bust some ducks. I don'nt have no money and just have a decent job but im gonna do what it takes to find some ducks an bust em up. don be hatin til ya get the flava....jduck out.

I'll hook ya up with a hunt or 2 this year. Gotta finish up working on decoys and help get things ready and we will talk.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:29 am

My hunting party is full. Only men and people with thick skin are allowed to hunt in our group. Sorry, but I believe Boy Scouts is accepting applications! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I'm just joking, hope the nice people on DHC can help you out....My group is full or I'd say tag along. One day if no one wants to go, i'll hit ya up!

quackstacker2

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:48 am

quackstacker2 wrote::lol: :lol:

Hey Slick Britches...you can hunt with me anytime. I suck at calling and would love to have you come live with me for the next couple of months and teach me everything Foiles knows.

Indian giver. :no:
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:05 am

quackstacker2 wrote:My hunting party is full. Only men and people with thick skin are allowed to hunt in our group. Sorry, but I believe Boy Scouts is accepting applications! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: I'm just joking, hope the nice people on DHC can help you out....My group is full or I'd say tag along. One day if no one wants to go, i'll hit ya up!

See there Jamieduck Q2 is gonna take you under his wing and teach you the ropes. See you thought he was out to get ya. :thumbsup:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 am

Awww, such sweet words you speak of MMayes! And I thought you hated me. You can hunt in my boat anytime you wish sweet lips. :biggrin:

quackstacker2

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:37 am

quackstacker2 wrote:Awww, such sweet words you speak of MMayes! And I thought you hated me. You can hunt in my boat anytime you wish sweet lips. :biggrin:

Nope, don't hate you at and never have.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 am

:lol: I almost teared up. Well thanks big guy!

quackstacker2

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 pm

quackstacker2 wrote::lol: I almost teared up. Well thanks big guy!

I wasn't aware you were that emotional

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 am

what happened to quackersacker2 ? i was going to hit him up for a hunt this year.
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby mmayes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 am

JamieDuck1993 wrote:what happened to quackersacker2 ? i was going to hit him up for a hunt this year.

Last I heard he was Stump Breaking his dog.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting