Ghost blinds...

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Ghost blinds...

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:08 pm

http://www.ghostblind.com/
Anyone ever seen these before? I guess they would be great...as long as a squirrel or coon or any other critter doesn't come by and either fall in love or get spooked by the twin that suddenly appeared at close range. And if the sun were to never shine when you went hunting. And if you hunt only flat land so that your target doesn't look up and see treetops standing in front of it if you happen to get the angle wrong.....
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Re: Ghost blinds...

Postby mox » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:07 pm

I always wondered about something like that.
Really thought about it the first time I hunted Reelfoot and saw those cedar brushed blinds all over the lake. II wonder how things would work out if you were to outfit one of those blinds with mirror panels... I'd say it would never make it to opening day...
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:05 pm

I built a stilt blind several years back out on Ky Lake and coverd it with mirror tiles after trying to put a pit in for a few times. I figured the water was shiny and the mirrors were shiny so I would blend in. It worked fair and we killed a few ducks but nothing exceptional.

The mirror tile was held on by bailing wire across each corner. Vibration and high water would knok them loose.

I think Winchester/Olin had a mirror blind for geese back in the 60s or 70s at Nilo Farms.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 am

how much did it cost you.... i would think if you could hang them down the sides of your boat then it would work well on divers out on the big water.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:22 am

It was a small stilt blind with flip tops built for a max of three hunters with dogs. I dont' remember the cost but the mirror tiles were bought at Lowes and they were 12x12 with 6 or 12 to a box. I would think they would be too fragile for a boat blind. Probably 160 or so tiles.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby Quackrstackr » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm still waiting for you to go dig up the remnants of your pit attempts. :lol3:

This spring, it looked like someone had caught one of them solid with a lower unit last year. :eek:
Quackrstackr
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 am

Those pit attempts serve as a wake up call for the scallywag Mizzery fishermen that cant read a topo map... The local boat shops needed help with the bad economy anyways!
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting