What is the most important factor in killing ducks?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: What is the most important factor in killing ducks?

Postby captrong » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 pm

When you can find the X concealment, and movement on the water is key. Just my opinion.
captrong
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:19 pm

captrong wrote:When you can find the X concealment, and movement on the water is key. Just my opinion.

:welcome: Captrong. I agree concealment is very important as well as movement!!! To me theyre probably the most important things when hunting..... You have to be well hidden to keep their eyes off you and the movement on the water to attract them. :thumbsup: good point my friend
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby duckslaya_187 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:05 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:
JamieDuck1993 wrote:You guys sure don't puttt much faith in your calling. A real good pro caller told me one time that you have to call with confidance.

bud i have been reading these forums for a while and the consesus is you really dont need to call to kill ducks like said before be on the X and if they want to be there they will come. You can have all of your expensive calls and decoys and i will use about 10 mallard dekes and let my calls sit in the car and watch the birds fly in because that is where they want to be. If you ever hunt public land you will understand exactly why no calling is better than throwing hail calls and everything else you can think of at those ducks. This is the exact reason by birds are call shy because everyone and their brother is calling to them trying to get in. I normally hunt on my own out at Cedar Creek Lake in Stanford and i will not call at all when i go because it is useless if the bird want to be there it will come if it doesnt you can all until you are blue in the face and watch it fly off just like everyone else. Hate to sound like a prick but most of the people will agree its not all about calling.

i have always wanted to hunt the famed cedar creek. how far is it and where are the boat ramps?
if you aint blastin you aint lastin
duckslaya_187
hunter

Postby mike_b » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:57 pm

JamieDuck1993 wrote:Check this out.

The white duck is bad luck...
mike_b
hunter

Previous

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting