Pro Staffers

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Pro Staffers

Postby mmayes » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:01 pm

How many Pro Staffers does the KY Forum have? :bow: :bow: :bow:

it seems like everyone has some form of Pro Staff in their Sig Line :huh:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Re: Pro Staffers

Postby quacknstack6 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:51 pm

im pro staff for goose creek game calls up in Indiana. He is a friend of mine havent done anything special to get on one but maybe one day i will enter a meat calling contest for geese, i aint good enough with a duck call to even think about trying for a meat duck calling contest.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:07 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:im pro staff for goose creek game calls up in Indiana. He is a friend of mine havent done anything special to get on one but maybe one day i will enter a meat calling contest for geese, i aint good enough with a duck call to even think about trying for a meat duck calling contest.

You should get with Jduck. He's pretty close to you and can make a duck call sing.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mmayes » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I am not downing anyone for being a prostaffer. I was just curious how many as it seems most everyone is a prostaffer.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:43 pm

kydrake is on multiple things, i been with hayes for a bit and he just got on hayes also.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 pm

No promotional staffs for me.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:07 pm

I dont really get anything out of it, and I go to a show or two when i can. I dont think im better then any other hunter because im on it and I dont go around bragging about being a prostaffer. I use all of their calls but so does my dad, uncle, and couple buddies. why? because they sounded good and fit my style, and had the best customer service at the first show i went too, im not a competition caller by no means and dont really plan on being one I did it one time and dont really care for it because i wont ever call a duck like that.

I actually went to the show to buy a foiles strait meat honker, cole and jeff and a pro staffer didnt help me with the call and acted like they could care less if i bought it or not and the staffer acted pizzed off because I tried a couple calls out. so I said screw that im gonna go look around. Told the Hayes guys about the experience and tested calls, liked em and he gave me a duck and goose call for the price of the SMH. I then stayed in touch through facebook and posted kills pics witht he calls and sent em in saying thanks etc. and got asked to be on the staff so I accepted thought it was pretty cool. But I dont have a black hoodie tho :biggrin:
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Your treatment by Foiles and company is about the norm.

Like i said I was suprised to see as many ProStaffers on here as there are.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:10 pm

I wouldn't mind being on a pro staff. If anybody could throw me a bone, it would be much appreciated.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quacknstack6 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:20 pm

hey now i may be on a pro staff but like i said its a friend of mine starting up just making calls for a couple people not a real big operation. He hand turns his stuff i will be the first to say im no where near good enough to be on an actual pro staff for a big company. Would i like to get to that point yea i would does it bother me that i probably wont nah not at all my calling is far from even decent and i dont kill a whole bunch of ducks or geese for that matter but i love the sport and i spread the word about this call company to help a friend out.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:33 pm

HMMMn...
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:41 am

qucknstack6 alot of it doenst even have to do with calling because ive heard some and hunted with some prostaffers in different states and different areas that cant carry a tune ina bucket. it's more how you present yourself and how you could represent their products. They mostly have friends who are on prostaff, if its a calling company its the guys who compete and do good, or its the guys who push there product 24/7. I try to push the product when i can but when it comes to calls if one of our calls doesnt fit your style then it doesnt fit your style just plain and simple. Im not going to sit here and say you have to buy it or damn that sounds good when I know it doesnt. use what works, do your homework on the gear your pursuing to buy and learn from others mistakes.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:21 am

I have a couple of RNT calls and my favorite of all is a Primos call. Nothing fancy but it does the job and sounds good!
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby quacknstack6 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Teamouttlaw i completely agree, im not going to say that his calls are the best out there because i know they arent and that is fine. If a call fits my calling style i buy it simple as that i dont buy into the hype of big call companies. Just like hayes calls i own a punisher and a bad azz goose, i took out the guts in the punisher and replaced them with GK because i like the sound of the GK's and love the back pressure you need to have to run the punisher. The bad azz goose i love because it is small and responsive, but i have a hedge call made by zack that is very responsive and quick as well. For me it isnt about the name on the call but instead how it fits my style. I cant say 1 call company is better than another because in my book everyone makes great calls, its just the calling style i use that makes me pic a call company over another one. Ive heard prostaffers on TV that cant call to save their lives and they promote a product because someone is either paying them to do so or they have to during the show. Everyone is different what works for one person may not for another. To each his own, for me i will carry a mix of different calls on my lanyard instead of sticking to one company. Just my opinion
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:03 pm

I second that. I always had the cheap walmart calls. one of my favorites was a double reed black duck commander call and real raspy. once I decided to get some better calls was when I got the hayes and it was just because i wanted to add a mix and before I got on prostaff I decided on getting all the same colored calls so they all match. but I also have a haydels gadwall call on there now just because hayes doesnt make a call like that. I dont use it much but some times i like to add that sound in when we are working gadwalls when everyone around me is hammering on the mallard call. to each is his own.

Have a good weekend fellas. im about to be off of work and going scouting for tommorow mornings hunt. :biggrin: :yes:
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby mmayes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

duckbuster06 wrote:I wouldn't mind being on a pro staff. If anybody could throw me a bone, it would be much appreciated.

I am sure the Brown Meadow Prostaff will take you on.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:01 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of Drake.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kydrake » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Mmayes you are a pro staffer arent you?
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby duckbuster06 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:33 pm

kydrake you think you could get me on the Dakota Decoy pro staff? Those are some good lookin decoys.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mmayes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 am

duckbuster06 wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of Drake.

Fill out one of their applications. Then list some references and they might take ya.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby mmayes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 am

kydrake wrote:Mmayes you are a pro staffer arent you?

Nope. I am a Field Expert

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am

The only references I have wouldn't know a mallard from a merganser.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rank duck » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 am

Teamoutlaw - you really need to knock it off with this humble and reasonable attitude you're projecting. You're giving prostaffers a bad rep!

:biggrin:
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:44 am

I tell it like it is man. No reason to sugar coat it. when people hunt hard they will soon find out what works and what doesnt.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 pm

:lol: What a gentleman! :bow:
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Next

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting