Deer hunters...

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Deer hunters...

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Good luck to everyone in the morning! And be safe out there. be sure to post up some pictures so we can see how everyone faired.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Re: Deer hunters...

Postby ChevyKYfowler24 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:26 pm

hey chris i was just gonna post a pic of that buck i killed close to you down i was telling you about in the PM during muzzleloader season. i doubt hes the big 8 you was talking about. even though i was excited about this one. i know this is quite irrelavent to in the morning pictures, but i didnt ever see how to send pics any other way, so just do it this way.
Attachments
IMG_0473.JPG
ChevyKYfowler24
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Does it still have milk on its breath? :hammer:
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Ha ha it is a young one for sure but I like the way the tines almost come back together. Gives it character.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 pm

How did you guys do today?
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby mox » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:48 am

Buddies killed does on each side of me and I hung a big 0 on the board. Going next weekend.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:27 pm

I was just giving you a hard time! Nice kill. Better than what I did. Ended up with a nothing.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 pm

I killed a pretty decent ten. I rough (very rough ha ha) scored it at 146 3/8. He had a broken brow tine and one broken point and had a kicker coming off the back of the broken brow tine. My biggest deer ever, I am pretty proud of him.
Attachments
mybuck.jpg
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:54 pm

:thumbsup: Nice buck man!!

quackstacker2

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Thank you.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby ChevyKYfowler24 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:29 pm

whered you end up taking him at? your nephew get him one?
ChevyKYfowler24
hunter

Postby ChevyKYfowler24 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:31 pm

quackstacker2 wrote:Does it still have milk on its breath? :hammer:

lol yeah i think he did. i couldnt ever get a good look at his spread or much else. glad i did take him because while out hunting last days havent seen nothing bigger than him. it was fun weekend tho, since im just doe hunting now i can sit back and enjoy the rut.
ChevyKYfowler24
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:18 am

Ended up finding a spot out at Doug Travis. We had one deer walk past at 7 am through some thick stuff and from where he was he couldn't see it. We hunted til 2 pm, then the long day and the excitement began to wear on him and he wanted to call it a day. We came home and he wanted to go with me down to my spot that he couldn't hunt, just to sit and watch. So, we head down there and low and behold that 10 comes out. That was the super charge he needed. The next morning back at Doug Travis he had a nice doe walk in and he took the shot. He pulled the shot off slightly, but hit her in the spine and dropped her in her tracks! The kid had a smile a mile wide and so far it hasn't disappeared. That doe was the greatest thing on earth to him! I was glad to see how excited he got about the doe and that he didn't get mad that he didn't get a buck. Showed me he isn't going to be a trophy hunter. Next year I will kill myself to put a buck in front of the kid. He put on his tough hunter face for the picture, ha ha. Anyone ever made a gun rack out of deer legs? I had the legs cut off and would like to make him something he can keep to remember his first deer. I was thinking maybe i could find a plaque shaped like Kentucky and mount the legs on it, anyone know where I can get a plaque like this?
Attachments
tucksdoe1.jpg
tucksdoe1.jpg (113.84 KiB) Viewed 320 times
chrispbrown27
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting