Liv's Hunt For a Cure

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Liv's Hunt For a Cure

Postby Richie27 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am

Hey Guys, I wanted to make a post to describe Liv's hunt for a cure. A friend of mine (Mauro) has a daughter that suffers from cystic fibrosis and this is an event that raises money to bring awareness and help find a cure.
This will be the 10th and final year of the event. Lots of pros come to the event and it gives you a good chance to rub elbows with them Friday night at the dinner then share a pit or blind with them the next morning and sunday if you hunt that day too.
Here is a quick run down of the event:
Friday night: dinner and silent auction. Lots of great items to bid on from custom calls to various hunting gear. They also book a hotel that everyone stays in.
Saturday Morning: ESPN comes to the hotel and broadcasts their show and give updates regarding the event. There is also someone running the grill and cooking breakfast for everyone before they link up with their pro and head to the field. Lunch is also provided so you have something to snack on while in the pit/blind. Everyone brings their geese back to the hotel to be entered in the contest of smallest, most average, and largest goose. Once entered, they are processed there.
A dinner is also provided that night if you choose to attend as well as a hunt on Sunday morning.
This is a great event to raise money for a great cause to help bring awareness to this terrible disease. The event is also non-profit so everything is a tax write off.

Below are links that describe the event.

http://www.livforacure.org/cfo/index.html

http://www.livforacure.org/cfo/2011_cfo_brochure.pdf

If you have any questions please post them and I'll respond as soon as I can. If I don't know the answer I'll get if from Mauro.

Thanks,
Richie
Richie27
hunter

Re: Liv's Hunt For a Cure

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 pm

get off our forums and stay out of our state lol. just messin richie GET BACK TO WORK!!!!
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:18 am

Crap, I wish I'd of found this sooner.... Looked like it would of been a good time. Will you he having this same event next year?
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am

this was the last year for the event. day 1 they didnt do so well. and sunday they flat out smacked the geese.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting