Bittersweet

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Bittersweet

Postby quacknstack6 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Well guys unfortunately i will not be able to hunt cedar creek on opening day, which bothers me because i dont get to take peoples spots like QS2 and kydog or even the infamous JDuck. The sweet though is that i will be hunting in the vicinity of that area though in a corn field holding a few geese and a handfull of ducks, which thankfully this rain has made the field somewhat flooded which really helps my cause. Now the question part in this field there are about 60-100 geese hanging out everyday on this plot i have a dozen shells and half a dozen full bodies should i set the decoys up just like the geese in the field, with the sentry or looker goose out to the side of the flock or what? :huh: :grooving:
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Re: Bittersweet

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:22 pm

no man I am not going to be there thurs either. my cousins friend has a field by a creek that is kind of flooded and there are some gooses and ducks using it and they want me to go call for them so cedar will have to wate. We gonna bust em up good. yall be safe an have fum! JDUCK
JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 pm

will do ol bud and yall do the same, leave some ducks and geese for the rest of us.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby mmayes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:43 am

Sounds like you guys got it all sewed up. Jduck the head honcho at Aintry will miss meeting ya. Maybe we can set you up on a hunt sometime soon. quacknstack6 shoot em all. :beer:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Mayes im gonna try to kill a couple, ive got a first timer going out with me opening morning and im wanting to give him his shot at killing some birds. Hopefully they come in, going to scout it again early in the morning to see which way they are flying in that way i can have them come flying in front of me that way they cant sneak up on me. :thumbsup:
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby mmayes » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:18 am

quacknstack6 wrote:Mayes im gonna try to kill a couple, ive got a first timer going out with me opening morning and im wanting to give him his shot at killing some birds. Hopefully they come in, going to scout it again early in the morning to see which way they are flying in that way i can have them come flying in front of me that way they cant sneak up on me. :thumbsup:

Good Luck to you. Whether I fire a shot or not, I will have fun. I always enjoy the opener with the same group of friends that are great people. I have killed enough ducks to not have that blood lust anymore.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting