Scouting of the day- sorry no photos

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Scouting of the day- sorry no photos

Postby Booney3721 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Went and just took a look on the north side of Barkley lake today. Scouted Eddyville Ferry, back of Cravens, Kuttawa landing, and Nickel Branch....All in all I seen about 50-75 ducks. Mostly big ducks that were flying high. Seen a group of about 7-10 big black ducks but couldn't get a good look at them but from what I could tell from their size they looked to be black mallards. On my way to Nickel Branch I had stopped at the North Welcome station and seen a group of Snows flying high. I know this is probably worthless without pictures but my camera doesn't have a good enough quality for me to zoom in an take pics. I got one pic of Coots in the back of Eddyville ferry but I didn't think anybody would want to see a pic of Coots. Anyways I figured I would share the news of the scouting trip. I don't normally hunt north side but I was just kind of curious of trying to see if there was a good significant number of ducks on the lakes. This has been my one and only scouting trip so far so yeah. Anyways good luck everybody and safe hunting.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Re: Scouting of the day- sorry no photos

Postby mox » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Booney3721 wrote:I don't normally hunt north side but I was just kind of ....
wanting to spread specific information on specific locations?
I think you're trying to punk us... :thumbsup:
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Re: Scouting of the day- sorry no photos

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 pm

No, really, all my hunting buddies live in like Hardin and Murray where as I live in Calvert now. I don't mind helping people find where the ducks are, I can't kill em all so hell if I scratch your back then hopefully one day you'll be able to scratch mine when I need it. I don't mind helping people out like that, not one bit. Besides who knows? Maybe one of the guys on here who hunts north Barkley or Kentucky lake, but hasn't got to go scouting due to all the work and school he/she is going to, decide they come on here and see where somebody like me is posting information about a few spots, so then they can figure out ok do I hunt this bay or that bay, or another bay close by...then he or she kills ducks and gets to share great memories with her friends and family instead of feeling sour because they didn't kill hardly any ducks, if any at all. Believe what you want to, I'm just trying to be nice.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting