How'd it go for everyone?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

How'd it go for everyone?

Postby Naterdashotgunner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 am

Had a pretty great morning, had to come in early around 9:45 because of turkey day and all, but shot 16 between the 3 of us. We had 2 BWT, 3 GWT, 3 Wood duck, 2 Black duck, 5 mallards, and a hen ringneck. We hunted in central Kentucky on a farm pond. That was probably the most diverse bag of birds I've ever hunted and especially in central KY.

How did everyone else do this morning? I'm sure most of you are still out like I wish I were...
Naterdashotgunner
hunter

Re: How'd it go for everyone?

Postby DeathCommander » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:41 am

Shot a 5 man limit of wood ducks by 745, sat around waiting on some mallards but they never showed up. Good morning anyways it was great to get out and watch some woodies cut through the timber. Going to a farm pond tomorrow for some mallards, looking forward to it. Hope everyone enjoyed the opener!
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:48 pm

I ended up heading north and hunting in Illinois. We saw more ducks this morning than I have ever seen at this spot. From the time shooting hours hit til about 9 am the sky had ducks in it. I ended up killing 2 mallards, 2 wood ducks and a shoveler. My buddy killed 1 mallard two woodies and sailed 2 that we never found. Pretty good day, just wish it was closer...and not in illinois! Ha ha
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Saw a bunch of geese and a bunch of ducks in a flooded corn field this morning. Nothing would lock up, later figured out there was a group of dogs in the field that wouldnt leave. Fired some shots to scare the dogs but they acted like nothing happened. Heading back out in the morning to hopefully limit out on some geese and maybe some ducks but this is kentucky so who knows.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby Skilletshootin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Yesterday evening and this morning.. 15 gw teal, 1 woodie, 1 nice pintail... Oh and a squirrel lol
We ain't in the duck huntin business
We's in the duck killin business.....
And brother business is a boomin!!!
Skilletshootin
hunter

Postby ChevyKYfowler24 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Took my buddy out on his his first duck shoot yesterday on his farm thats been virgin slough/timber hole for several years now and not only did he kill his first duck he also killed his limit. it was a perfect day. had mallards galore! i was surprised on the number of big ducks we saw and killed. shot 3 gadwalls, 2 male pintails, and 7 mallards. we lost 3 in the buck brush, but he folded his first duck and it was a pretty greenhead that was wing tip to wing tip feet locked down on top of the mojos. it was a very awesome experience!!! was trying to post pics but the lap top is telling me my iphone device has no pictures on it. POS iphone ive hated this thing since day one :mad:
ChevyKYfowler24
hunter

Postby DeathCommander » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 pm

ChevyKYfowler24 wrote:Took my buddy out on his his first duck shoot yesterday on his farm thats been virgin slough/timber hole for several years now and not only did he kill his first duck he also killed his limit. it was a perfect day. had mallards galore! i was surprised on the number of big ducks we saw and killed. shot 3 gadwalls, 2 male pintails, and 7 mallards. we lost 3 in the buck brush, but he folded his first duck and it was a pretty greenhead that was wing tip to wing tip feet locked down on top of the mojos. it was a very awesome experience!!! was trying to post pics but the lap top is telling me my iphone device has no pictures on it. POS iphone ive hated this thing since day one :mad:

Gotta love getting a newbie a great shot like that! It was great that he got to shoot his first green head the right way, committed over the dekes. Congrats man! :beer:
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:42 am

Never fired a shot on Ky lake Thurs morning. It wasnt' my first choice spot but needed a quick early hunt to get out of town for the bird eatin'.

Drove around on Sunday morning but didnt' care to get soaked for no more shooting than I heard.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby dablaw » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Killed 18 black ducks...Oh the only thing is these were the kind that have white beaks and cluck when they run across the water....Coots a blazin...
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Postby kydrake » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Rumor has it that them H-town boys wore em out! :bow: :bow:
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby BlackDuck09 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Yea kydrake, they do work.
BlackDuck09
hunter

Postby kyduckhunter08 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 pm

hahahaha them h-town boys. member kydrake duck huntings like trim it aint consistant hahahahahahaha. to funny!!!
Duckjunkies field staff

Ky geese=93
ky ducks=102
Tn ducks=20
crappy SEASON!
kyduckhunter08
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 pm

2 mojos and a rig-em-rite jerk cord on the way....HOPEFULLY I will get some more ducks to commit.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting