hurting

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

hurting

Postby teamroughneck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:57 pm

cant wait till monday my trigger finger itching so bad its hurting. just making sure this time to check the truck for dove loads. Cant believe u can get a ticket for having one in ur truck wit no proof of being in the field with it i mean my God if i am gonna cheat wit lead its gonna some turkey loads not a dang ole low brass 6 shot dove load. but cant blame the warden its my own fault and he cut me a deal and just gave me a federal ticket instead of fed and state
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Re: hurting

Postby chrispbrown271 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:11 pm

That sucks that you got a ticket man. Did he search your truck or did it come rolling out? I am sure I have some buried under the crap behind my seat, but have never been concerned about it cause if they wanna dig through there to find it I feel that I would owe them the price of a ticket for cleaning it out!
Went today and did a little scouting and found a spot that I jumped some woodies, mallards and a stud hooded merganser out of. So I am definitely ready for Monday. Also found what appeared to be a nice buck that someone had shot, skinned to the hind legs taken from mid back forward and left the rest laying....such a waste.
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Man that's crazy. My buddy was in the boat with me this past week and at then end of the hunt mentions to me that he has about 10 lead shot shells...I thought Johnny boy was going to fall in the water.John told my bud to just drop them in the water... I told him to keep them bc a warden wouldn't probably even check him. Im glad he listen to ole Johnny boy! I know it sucks but at least he didn't confiscate anything.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby teamroughneck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:21 pm

he was searching through decoys in bed of truck before we got out of woods on our second trip hauling stuff and he looked through back seat of truck and bags in there witout asking permission even though our wet ass blind bags were on back of truck which we volunteered to let him search along wit checked the guns but the shell fell out of a dry back pack that was in the truck when he dumped it in back seat. it was sunday so everything in the field wit us wqas soaked and the bag and shell had no water or dampness on them anywhere but its all water under the bridge except for the 75 bucks i have to pay. odd thing was he took description and license number of vehicle and moved his truck to video the truck i guess so they know what to look for in order to check me again
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm just glad we got out of there when we did. Because my cousin brought it to my attention yesterday that little cousin of mine had put turkey loads in my gun pack cause he wanted me to kill another turkey and cook it like we did for thanksgiving -_-
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby P1agu3 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm glad i read this. I had no clue about this either.. Almost every shell I own is somewhere in my truck..Time for a lil cleaning.
P1agu3
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Sounds like BS and an easily beaten charge if you took it to court. I could be wrong but sometimes we need to stand up against some of the stuff that gets pulled.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby mike_b » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 am

Yeah, BS on that. I guess if you have a rifle or pistol in your truck they can charge you for hunting with an illegal weapon too.

I hope you don't have any bread in your car or blind either, otherwise, the might get you for baiting too.

Either this is a stupid charge or there is more to the story.
mike_b
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 am

aint no more to the story he was searching a inside my truck and found one single dry dove load that came out of a bag that was dry as a bone and everyone here knows it was raining like heck sunday and the lbl law enforcement officer pretty much told me anytime he sees my truck i will be checked and if it happens that way i will pursue harrassment against the officer but what really got me was when he told me from now on throw the crap i aint supposed to have in the woods if he sees me but wouldnt toss that one back in the truck and forget it. next time im sure he will be watching us walking through the woods so he can say we tampered with evidence or littered or some crap if somone throws something instead of searching through 5 doz decoys in the bed of my truck witout cause either way the truck is clean now and if anything is found again it will be planted or someone elses cuz i have went through whole truck, coats, bibs, waders, and everything else
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby mmayes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:04 am

So this was an LBL officer? I don't know about being on LBL, but I was thinking the search and seizure laws still pertain to the vehicle you are in even there. I believe I would consult and attorney and see what your rights are.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:46 am

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Reasonable suspicion is simply as a particularized and objective basis for suspecting the person stopped of criminal activity, and probable cause to search as existing where the known facts and circumstances are sufficient to warrant a man of reasonable
prudence in the belief that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found.
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2

Postby mmayes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 am

quackstacker2 wrote:Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Reasonable suspicion is simply as a particularized and objective basis for suspecting the person stopped of criminal activity, and probable cause to search as existing where the known facts and circumstances are sufficient to warrant a man of reasonable
prudence in the belief that contraband or evidence of a crime will be found.

In the affor mentioned scenario, where is the probable cause to search the vehicle?

I am not an attorney, so please explain to me where there is sufficient reason to search a vehicle if the occupants are not in it and returning to it from the field.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Teamroughneck, I think you need to contact a lawer. From my findings I believe you are within the law. Nothing you did was wrong or illegal. Please give feedback if or when you do. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

quackstacker2

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Go ahead and contact a lawyer, but don't be surprised if the lawyer bill is at least double the fine if not more.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby chrispbrown271 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:08 pm

I would consult an attorney for future reference. He said he will be watching for your truck so I would see what an attorney says about that. I would also be checking into whether or not he has the right to search your truck without you being present...something doesn't seem right there. Was your door open or did he open it to look around?
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby captrong » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Last season we purchased a users permit at the welcome center and upon reading the back it mentioned " the consent to search vehicle, and person while hunting on LBL property ". To me seems a little extreme. I guess a terrorist could be out duck hunting while ploting an attack. Yeah right! Maybe on some fowl!!! Crazy...
captrong
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Well rough i've been threaten like that before by some of the guys in LBL but I have never seen them around since.
Booney3721
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 am

hopefully your week has gotten better. next time take slugs so you can shoot the ducks farther lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm

atty said i could fight it and probably win but his fees was over 300 so fine i guess aint so bad but it aint gonna happen again because the atty said that he would be willing to sue for harassment if further out of ordinary occurances happen and for me to document them. week has gotten better, got on some birds in rain and backwater and still on em so still goin good. outlaw, heck wit the slugs im gonna throw me a mini 14 in the decoy bag lol lets see em land out of range then
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:13 pm

meh buy the gatty 22 on cabelas and just hammer em
Booney3721
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 pm

I'll let you use my .22 with a 100 round drum when I'm done. :lol3:

quackstacker2

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:33 pm

i hunt with an ak 47.... duck rambo lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 pm

heck lets everyone from western ky just go in together buy us a 20 ft boat wit bout a 115 or better and mount us a couple gatlins on the front :grooving: .
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 pm

teamroughneck wrote:heck lets everyone from western ky just go in together buy us a 20 ft boat wit bout a 115 or better and mount us a couple gatlins on the front :grooving: .

You and I would get along really well in the duck blind, I like the way you think. :thumbsup:

quackstacker2

Postby mmayes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:24 am

quackstacker2 wrote:
teamroughneck wrote:heck lets everyone from western ky just go in together buy us a 20 ft boat wit bout a 115 or better and mount us a couple gatlins on the front :grooving: .

You and I would get along really well in the duck blind, I like the way you think. :thumbsup:

Won't your wife be jealous, or is it what happens in the blind stays in the blind???? :lol3:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting