need help

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

need help

Postby teamroughneck » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 pm

every freaking place i have found holding birds has been under a southerly wind and now they calling for north north east for monday so i am pretty much screwed. i have no clue what to do. Everywhere i hunt is a west or southerly wind. I know they gonna be holding up out of wind but no way to scout for this wind cuz its gonna switch at sunset tomorrow which blows that. i am trying to get my cuz his first bird but aint looking to promising. aint internet scouting or asking for spots just areas to check out
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Re: need help

Postby duckbuster06 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:34 pm

teamroughneck wrote: aint internet scouting or asking for spots just areas to check out

What's the difference? :huh:
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby teamroughneck » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:19 pm

was talking about clarks or ky general public area believe me i am not an internet scouter i put my hrs in scouting and have never asked for any help like this and most time offer info to people .anyone who knows me knows i put in alot of work for my birds. but everyone has their own opinions
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby Skilletshootin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Not real sure of your question,or problem. If you have a spot where there are birds the direction of the wind shouldn't stop them from showing up... Just be sure to place your decoys according to the wind and your hunting position.
We ain't in the duck huntin business
We's in the duck killin business.....
And brother business is a boomin!!!
Skilletshootin
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:02 am

Roughneck I'll shoot ya a call tomorrow. I know a few spots on Clarks that should be of some help. Also wind is a huge factor, I never noticed until my cousin started explaining it to me. How you hunt rughneck is that you face the North and east alot so that way the wind is blowing from behind you, out and away that way the wind is in the duck's face right? I am pretty sure I get what you are saying but anyways I'll shoot you a call tomorrow and get ya a spot lined out :thumbsup:
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:00 pm

i know how to hunt the wind but out on the lakes alot of guys that hunt the bays will tell u they always want out of the wind and when the out of wind side has houses its a problem. and it is hell to try to pull em off them dang dock ducks :mad: that are huddled up in calm water
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:01 pm

booney, thanks for the call today whenever u want to meet up and go over the things we discussed just holler at me
teamroughneck
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting