Hoping for a good hunt in the morning.

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Hoping for a good hunt in the morning.

Postby Booney3721 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Going to try and lay the smack down on a few ducks with Roughneck in the morning. Best of luck to who ever else is going. :thumbsup:
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Re: Hoping for a good hunt in the morning.

Postby Booney3721 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:52 am

Ever had one of those morning's where your scratching your head and screaming ***!!!!!!
Everything was perfect, except the wind....but still we should have killed at least one stinking duck
Booney3721
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:42 am

i hate when you get set up and right at daylight the wind changes.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Yeah we had to end up throwing the decoys out further and moving the Mojos further out and then they still wouldn't commit so we took the Mojo's out of the equation. Somethings gotta give here though.
Booney3721
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Ducks were out in the fields and the water was too deep to wade and they thought a boat blind stood out a bit too much to land beside it. Not mant ducks but lots of water and strong current.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby teamroughneck » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm

well im just now waking up from this morning. hit the water wit booney and it bout drove me nuts nothing wanted to act right no matter what and the snow and wind stomped me the last couple days so i had to take me some down time, maybe i can figure out whats up tomorrow. booney, it was fun even witout shooting any ducks holler at me anytime and we will give er another try
Nothing makes a day of hunting better then having a kid with you..
teamroughneck
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:00 pm

I feel you guys pain. Everyday I have set up and got ready the wind changed just enough to throw off my set. And then the ducks still didnt like it enough to come visit. Heading to a spot I have never been tomorrow morn so will see how that goes.
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby ChevyKYfowler24 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 pm

the changing of the wind hurt, esp when you have a big spread out and mojos look nice n pretty... and its more of a hassle to change the situation than it is. that happened to us the 2nd day of season and for some reason we had some dumb birds, birds ive never seen do before, literally coming oppisite way, facing the mojos face trying to land on top it. literally. they happened to be two pintails. i was astonished to what had jsut happened lol. lost in the woods keep us updated on how your hunt at your new spot goes. hopefully itll produce for ya
ChevyKYfowler24
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Will try. Goin with a guy from here. Figure hit there in the morn and then back to the lakes most likely friday. Gotta find some birds somewhere
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 am

hopefully you shoot a few. last time we hunted lost and I didnt fire I shot i dont think, and walked through some thick mud in cravens bay... then I hunted with greg and we didnt kill crap ethier, i paddled to the other side of the cove put out 4 decoys and shot 2 ducks in 10 mins, for some reason even when the wind was wrong they wanted on the other side. it was 15 ft deep easily and rocky not sure what they were eatting ethier. went back 3 or 4 days in a row to that spots and managed to shoot around 40 birds in that spot. was able to get with kydrake one morning and we shot 7 or 8, had some sneak in on us a few times but we did shoot some birds.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Well the spot we were gonna hunt couldn't get to cause of the flooding but went down to another spot. Jumped a lot of woodies gettin in there and scouted it out good. Hoping to possibly get in there before daylight tomorrow and at least get a shot at them. Yeah that Cravens bay hunt was no good. I am thinking we are still in for some migrating. Not seeing the birds yet at all anywhere I go really. Had a bunch of specks flying mile high over us this mornin. The spot we were at sure looks ducky enough but it is a deep little hole. Really need a good dog back there to retrieve. For sure hittin that spot again soon though.
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby Quackrstackr » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:36 pm

The ducks have wanted the other side for as long as I've hunted up there for some reason.
Quackrstackr
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Roughneck I may have a spot for us to try Mon. Going to give it a shot in the morning but be prepared to sit in buck brush with water up to your thigh. Seen quite a few ducks this morning hunting the left side but they all committed to the right because once again...THE WIND....good thing is tomorrow the wind is suppose to be out of the south-east so it'll be coming from our back towards the left side of the bay. Also due to it being a solid mud flat I could walk about 50 yards in front of the buck brush until it hit the nuts, and you saw my wader. I have 0 insulation in them so you can imagine how that felt. Although it did seem or feel like the water was dropping from the time we got there to the time we left today so I think all in all I might be able to walk out a bit further. Anyways I am ging to git off and hit the hay. If we kill anything I'll post pics. The way it sounded this morning it'll be a woodie and mallard shoot.
Booney3721
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:04 am

did it not go as planned lol
teamoutlaw
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting