I believe that changes are a comin.....

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

I believe that changes are a comin.....

Postby dablaw » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 am

Got off work at 1:30 this morning and when I got home and out of my truck I immediately heard several waves of Goldeneyes overhead...All the fields are flooded around here so I guess these guys are lost...I have a feeling though it's fixing to be game on very soon....
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Re: I believe that changes are a comin.....

Postby FOWLER2671 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:46 am

Headin' out in about ten minutes to start the game provided we dont' end up in a ditch!!
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am

some good cold fronts are moving in up north so it should be a good weekend. im a weekend warrior until around xmas
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby quackstacker2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 am

Update, had a friend hunting this morning at a near by lake and he slaughtered the Gadwalls. Send me pics while the action was taking place. Outlaw is correct in my opinion, this weekend is looking good so far. Cant wait for Saturday....
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby mmayes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 am

Be nice to see Goldies show up on the lake. Maybe they will be a little more social than they usually are.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 am

Golden eyes are the most racist duck.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby duckslaya_187 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:20 am

mmayes what lake? i hunted once over on ky lake but we never killed anything. we sat on the bank and saw some ducks but not shoot any. Why are goldeneye racist? I hear they are bad to eat and not in the areas we usually hunt.
if you aint blastin you aint lastin
duckslaya_187
hunter

Postby mmayes » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Slaya- I am hoping on Barkley Lake.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby captrong » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Was down near Taylor Bay this mornin. Not much happening today. Saw very few ducks at all.
captrong
hunter

Postby P1agu3 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:32 pm

I hope barkely is good this weekend. Last year was my first year duck hunting and hardly saw anything but coots.
P1agu3
hunter

Postby ccdrake88 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I dont know if barkley will be to hot this weekend or for a while. The lakes at summer pool right now which is 358, and I believe its supposed to crest at 359. Also the birds ive seen while hunting seem to be very educated! In need of new birds down there for sure. But between the high water at the lake and the educated birds, the county holes are full of water so what birds where at the lake probably not anymore, pretty safe to say theyre scattered pretty good. But good luck to anyone that goes and be careful with the high water we saw tons of rip rap logs and all kinds of crap floating down the lake when we hunted tuesday, so be mindful while heading to the blind in the dark if your in a boat.
"cut em!"
Days hunted- 5
Kentucky geese-83 Bands:1
Kentucky ducks-50
Kentucky snows-1
ccdrake88
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:21 pm

I was on the barkley side yesterday standing in ankle deep water in the blind. Saw a lot of bluebills and a few coots but nothing would come within 50 yrds or more. Did see some mile high birds way in the distance but they looked like they were on a mission
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby sthwht24 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I hope so too, I saw that weather report about the colder weather pushing up north & thought it might help us out. I haven't hunted since season came back in Monday, but I've been out around the state a lot the last 2 weeks and haven't seen anything but the rain. Either way I'm heading out Saturday so gotta hope for the best!
sthwht24
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting