Hunting the Ohio above Birdsville

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Hunting the Ohio above Birdsville

Postby Riverrunner342 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I am coming home this week to hunt, and was wondering if anyone could give me some info about
the Ohio river around Twin Sisters or any of the area upriver from Paducah around Ledbetter on either the
Ohio or Cumberland rivers.

I would appreciate the help. Will be going with my son, Lablover and my grandson later in the week.
If you don't want to respond on the forum, maybe you could email me at wdprice3@mchsi.com.

Anyone who could help would be welcome to goose hunt with me late season, I have some good corn fields to hunt, and also
some great spots that I shoot on the Illinois River in Northern Illinois.

If I find any good places while I am there, I will post them. Everyone have a great season and be safe.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Re: Hunting the Ohio above Birdsville

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:36 am

definately can find some backwater. we put in above birdsville before ran up the river for a good ways and hunted a flooded field my buddy knew of. besides knowing someones field you can hunt the water on the river and in the small shoots and creeks etc they are going to be just as deep though, and if you hunt out on the main river you need some real big weights.... ducks seem to be in the shallows from my experience this weekend. we scouted each morning, flushed out 2 or 3 hundred birds and set up quick. a few trickled back, managed 12 with 3 guys sat and 11 with 2 guys sunday. I would stick with ballard or the lakes since it provides you with more options unless you have permission on someones land to get in a shallow field.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Re: Hunting the Ohio above Birdsville

Postby quackstacker2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:46 am

Lucky Ba$tard.... :lol:
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting