Goin huntin!

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Goin huntin!

Postby duckslaya_187 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:06 am

I'm headin out to pile them up. we found a lagoon field with a bunch of ducks and some gooses in there. we'll smell bad when we leave but we have a bunch of dead ones i hope. wish us lucks.
if you aint blastin you aint lastin
duckslaya_187
hunter

Re: Goin huntin!

Postby quackstacker2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:51 am

Good luck sent your way.... :thumbsup:
A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
quackstacker2
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby duckslaya_187 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:12 am

well we piled them up! we shot 4 ducks and missed 1 goose. how do you like to eat your ducks? we want to try a new way to cook them. has anyone ever put them ground up in spaghetti?
duckslaya_187
hunter

Postby Alan C » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Seems like stuffed with cream cheese wraped in bacon and grilled is still the best
Alan C
hunter

Postby chrispbrown271 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Man, I hate cream cheese but that actually sounds pretty good. You could always go the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup route. I did some duck breast in stuffing a few weeks ago and it turned out pretty good. Usually the duck turns out dry but this time I poured some extra chicken broth in the pan and that seemed to stop that.
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby KYDUCKKILLA » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:06 am

Alan C wrote:Seems like stuffed with cream cheese wraped in bacon and grilled is still the best

Add a slice of jalepeno pepper in there and you are golden!
KYDUCKKILLA
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't consider 4 ducks "piling them up" :umm:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be super pumped if I shot 4 all weekend here, but piling up 4 ducks is a stretch... Just saying :hi:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby GreenHead5 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Italian Duck or Goose. Works great for divers and geese. If you like italian beef sandwiches then you will love this.

1 Onion (dice it)
however much goose or duck you want. 2 geese breast makes about 6 sandwiches.

-melt 1/4 stick of butter in a pan then throw onions in. Then after all butter is melted put meat in for about 3 minutes on both sides on HIGH heat.

-While it is browning put 1 can of beer :yes: , 1 bottle of italian dressing, 1 cup and 1/2 of worcester and then add meat and onions.

after liquids and meat are in add your spices. I eye ball it so this is where your own your own. I use:
Cyanine Pepper
White Pepper
1 italian salad mix (should be with the dressings)
parmesan cheese
1 bay leaf (optional)
Parsley (watch out for steams)

COOK FOR 5 AND A HALF HOURS.

after this remove the meat and shred with fork. Then replace for 30 minutes.

after that get some good hoggie rolls and place meat in it and place mozzarella or italian cheese on top of the meat and then place in the oven and broil the sandwiches to melt the cheese.

DO NOT make this with mallards, teal, or woodies...this is a recipe to make with goose and divers to mask the flavors that might not be as pleasant as the flavors found in puddle ducks. Bacon and cream cheese is still the way to go on those ducks. We should never kill anything and not eat it unless it is being mounted or shot to crap, so this is a recipe for the less desired tasting ducks aka crap ducks lol.

Hope you like it!!!! :beer:
GreenHead5
hunter

Postby duckslaya_187 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:49 pm

teddysberna wrote:Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't consider 4 ducks "piling them up" :umm:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be super pumped if I shot 4 all weekend here, but piling up 4 ducks is a stretch... Just saying :hi:

we piled up more this morning! Killed 2! One greenheaded and another one of those hood mergensrs. I tried them like you said with creme cheese and some slab bacon. the greenehaded one was ok, but the mergensrs was really great. wish I had more. but i guess tomorrow ill have to just pile them up again! so far we haev really been whipping thr buts. piled up 9 so fars this season!

what did you get for christmas too? i got 2 of those moving wings mojos. i cant wait to use them tomorrow. i'll really be piling them up then
duckslaya_187
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting