Duck Hunting Forum banner

no ducks

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  teamoutlaw 
#1 ·
Have done a.lot of scouting and have not seen anything to get exited about . Hunted two afternoons with 0 in the bag and only seen 3 ducks . Haven't been able to do a am hunt due to all the junk in the river . Not going out in the dark with all that to battle . Did see a lot of sandies moving thru . Scouted from Milton to rabbit hash several times . The hold ponds at Trimble county power plant is holding a few dozen ducks and geese . The only good thing I have found with this high water is you can use the ramp at patriot in. Sugarbay ramp has a ton of drift on it .
Hope everyone is doing better than I have so far . Becarefull out there . If I find any birds ill pass the word .

#5 ·
Been doing some hunting and scouting this week and I have noticed depleting numbers.

#8 ·
i worked 2 months in wisconsin. when there season ended in early december they still didnt have ice in the whole state they are almost all locked up so faR but havent had a good snow yet. they say birds are everywhere now so i guess we will see. northern illinois duck season is out and alot of them never got the ducks ethier. I think a ton of birds are still north of our location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.