Duck Hunting Forum banner

I CAUGHT THE BUG...

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  kyoutdooraddict 
#1 ·
I just wanted to formally introduce myself as a newbie to this awesome forum. I've been reading the site daily for the past few months after catching the waterfowl bug this past season, while attending graduate school. I have now moved back to Louisville and working an 8-5, Monday-Friday... which sucks by the way haha. Anyways I am definately a newbie when it comes to waterfowl hunting but have already manage to spend a fortune on deeks, gear, and building a blind for my boat. Anybody on here hunt around the Louisville area, on the river especially? My plan is to start hunting the river this weekend for the first time now that the water levels have dropped after all this dang rain we've been getting. Happy Hunting!

#4 ·
Hunted the river this mornin near six mile. Saw a few birds and only had one work and missed! had a good time with pops out there!

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hunted the river for the second time this past Friday. Ended up losing my duck hunting virginity by bagging 3 greenheads! If I wasn't hooked before... I definately I am now!

IMG_0340[1].JPG

IMG_0342[1].JPG

Attachments

#15 ·
Took the boat out on the river this mornin. While we were backin the boat, two other hunters pulled up at the boat ramp. They got out they're truck right next to us and the first thing one of them said was "I ain't ever seen a bass boat out here before (inferring someone hunting out of a bass boat).". I just thought it was pretty ironic after posting some of my previous post!

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cold Hunt on the River... Thought I'd share some pics from my most recent excursion out on the mighty Ohio. Hunted dawn to dark, only killed two ducks, saw close to 200 ducks, boat wouldn't start when it was time to head out, and had to paddle across the river to get home! These are the trips that make memories and life long friendships. :beer: Luckily we were able to paddle the boat to a private dock which happended to have ramp and the owner was as generous as could be and allowed us to use his ramp to get the boat out of the water.:bow: good times!

cold 005.jpg

Attachments

#19 ·
In my opinion the blind colors should be more grayed for the locations along the Ohio where you are hunting. There's too much reddish brown in the blind colors the way it is now. It stands out from the surroundings. Try to match with more of the colors of tree bark gray colors.

#20 ·
huntsem said:
In my opinion the blind colors should be more grayed for the locations along the Ohio where you are hunting. There's too much reddish brown in the blind colors the way it is now. It stands out from the surroundings. Try to match with more of the colors of tree bark gray colors.
Thanks for the advice huntsem. I have the grasses on there to give the blind a little bit of depth. Any suggestions of materials I could use that would blend in like you are saying while also providing a litttle bit of depth?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.