Need your input on where to hunt and where to find em...

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Need your input on where to hunt and where to find em...

Postby dablaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:23 am

for driftwood that is....See there, you thought I wanted your duck spot..lol....Just wanting to know where you guys are seeing any good driftwood laying in big quantities...It's sort of like duck hunting, without the ego's...lol...Too much work for everyone to do it...I have an area from say kenlake to pine bluff I check a few times during the winter, but didn't know if you guys are seeing anything in other areas of Ky. lake/Barkley lake...I have a pretty good pile but since I'm opening up before too much longer I want to have a good stockpile...Thanks men for any help...David.
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Re: Need your input on where to hunt and where to find em...

Postby mike_b » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:21 pm

What do you use it for?
mike_b
hunter

Postby dablaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Taxidermy bases and habitats..Just looking for a few of the local guys in my area to let me know though..Lexington is too far..I'm only a few miles from the lakes down here..
I'm an old fart , but young at heart...Been there,done that, wrote the freakin book...When i die I hope it's at sunrise, with a gun in my hand, and the sound of wings overhead...
dablaw
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:19 pm

There is a ton of it on barkley. lots of the lil pockets have a bunch piled up on the bank
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby big_country » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Would giving you locations of driftwood not be giving away the vicinity of hunting locations? There was a huge one on the Turkey Bay area last year. That sucker was beast.
Dam Ducks
big_country
hunter

Postby dablaw » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 pm

You mean this one??? This was taken last year...My son in the pic is 6' tall to give you some perspective..I took a sawzall and cut about 20 peices out of the roots on it...This year the flood this summer swapped ends with it and it's poining the opposite way but still in the exact same spot...
Attachments
Photo010_Vga.jpg
Photo013_Vga.jpg
Photo007_Vga.jpg
dablaw
hunter

Postby dablaw » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

And as far as hunting locations...C'mon man...You really think I need a hunting location that bad at this point in my life...I had a guy last year tell me of a certain cove on the lake to get some drift at..He saved me a couple of days of looking for it..I was able to get 4 trailer loads in the same spot..Saved me a load of time...More time to kill and mount ducks...lol...
dablaw
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm

I know there was a pocket between taylor bay and shaw branch that had a huge pile of drift on it back in the summer
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby big_country » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Yep, that's it! Sorry I couldn't help you then.

Nobody ever has enough hunting spots though.
Dam Ducks
big_country
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting