Can someone help please!!

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Can someone help please!!

Postby Callaway2084 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:04 am

Okay this is my second year hunting and between the 2 ive killed one duck... Im not asking for spots but if someone could just lend me some help on where to go. I have some small farm ponds that hold very few amounts of ducks at times. And i actually shot my first duck on one yesterday. Ive been to peabody and havnt seen any ducks because i guess i just dont know where to go. I have a boat with a go devil on it set up for duck hunting with a avery quick set blind and i have about 3 dozen decoys and a mojo and a dozen floater goose decoys. I just dont know where to go or what to do. I live close to bowling green. Any advice would be well well appreciated. Thanks!!!
Callaway2084
hunter

Re: Can someone help please!!

Postby Skilletshootin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:53 am

Barkley or ky lake
We ain't in the duck huntin business
We's in the duck killin business.....
And brother business is a boomin!!!
Skilletshootin
hunter

Postby Callaway2084 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 am

Yea i talked to a guy in gander mountain the other day and he mentioned taylor bay and that there were places you didnt even need a boat on ky that you could just walk to...
Callaway2084
hunter

Postby duckslaya_187 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:44 am

lets hunt!
if you aint blastin you aint lastin
duckslaya_187
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:59 am

shoot me a pm sometime and will see about gettin ya out there. I hunt the lakes a lot along with a few other places. always looking for someone to hunt with.
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby Callaway2084 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Aright will do. I dont know that much about duck hunting i just bought quite a bit of stuff because some friends told me they would get me into it but they never let me go with them lol
Callaway2084
hunter

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:53 pm

That sucks but does happen sometimes. Im just in my fourth year and havent killed a lot but have a few.
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Postby scastle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:03 am

man im glad to hear you fellers aint doing so good,i thought i was the worst duck hunter ever. i to am in my second year and have killed 1 hen and lost her. this aint as easy as i thought it was going to be :crying: :crying:
scastle
hunter

Postby Callaway2084 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Yea it just sucks trying find spots other than farm ponds or the lake here which is holding no ducks right now lol. I bought
E a pretty nice boat to look at othe options though. Maybe thinking of going on a guided trip if i can find a good one here in ky.
Callaway2084
hunter

Postby natural21 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 am

your right guys, the hunting in kentucky has been terrible. it started off with a bang then gradually decreased. the back water has been fun but tough. few birds, lots of back water. winghaven in providence kentucky puts on a hell of a guided duck hunt. service was great and everyone was friendly and the hunting was AMAZING!! nothing like having a stack full of green heads at the end of the day to take pictures with. all my pals were jealous. i just noticed that you guys mentioned guided hunts so there ya go, winghaven is the place to do it. tell them arthur sent you. wack em and stack em boys...
natural21
Newb

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting