Obion Creek?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Obion Creek?

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 am

Never been there but I have been debating whether or not to try it out right now or not. With the duck situation being like it is I am just throwing rocks in a dried creek when it comes to finding ducks. It's just becoming pointless.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Re: Obion Creek?

Postby mmayes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 am

I drove over it yesterday on my way back from Missouri and it looked to be in its banks . Thats all I know on the subject hope it helps.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:59 pm

there is still some water out in hickman but its falling fast. buddies shot em pretty good in there today in back water but said by tommorow the field will have no water. some ducks will leave with the water and some will stay. need a northern push.
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:39 pm

We hunted north of Kansas City for the past 2 days and we seen thousands upon thousands of ducks BUT mainly locals. We could have killed limit but due to how over hunted Smithville lake is and how people will sky bust at ducks when they are 400 yards away from you just made it a lot worse. Also some careless mistakes but the weather up there was ridiculously warm. I think we are going to have a southern migration while the ducks look for colder weather and water.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby BackWater Bandit92 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:58 pm

teamoutlaw wrote:there is still some water out in hickman but its falling fast. buddies shot em pretty good in there today in back water but said by tommorow the field will have no water. some ducks will leave with the water and some will stay. need a northern push.
You are correct. we hunted the back water in berkely yesterday we did alright we killed some but the water dropped out on us big time it made it real hard to get back to the truck
BackWater Bandit92
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting