Ledbetter river hunting

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Ledbetter river hunting

Postby Blackwookshunter » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Does anybody know of any good spots on the river near the islands or ledbetter ky to hunt? Wouldn't mind taking an extra person or two. I have a big boat so space isint an issue. Im just trying to find some decent spots for me and my dad and brother to hunt. been awhile since I've been on the river and im not too much of a man to ask for help when I need it. Even just a general idea of an area to go to. Also what's legal and what'd not. I've heard that the woods on the Illinois side ofand the riverman at cottonwood is illegal to hunt due to it being private. Idk....im just trying to find even an ok spot. Thanks.
Blackwookshunter
Newb

Re: Ledbetter river hunting

Postby duckbuster06 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Ask Marcel, he knows all there is to know about the Ledbetters.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 13space82 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:11 pm

hunt the island right below smithland dam....thats where all the ducks go.
TNAL45 wrote: Well done sir. I vote this best bitch slap in DHC history.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174844

go get the bird wrote:Every time you post, Jesus lets a pitbull live.
13space82
hunter

Postby Blackwookshunter » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:57 pm

New to this whole site and fourm thing.....how do I talk or email or get hold of Marcel?
Blackwookshunter
Newb

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:53 am

The easiest way to get ahold of Marcel is to probably talk to Jerry first.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby grnhd » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:22 pm

duckbuster06 wrote:The easiest way to get ahold of Marcel is to probably talk to Jerry first.

:clapping: :bow:
Nobody gives a crap about your season totals.
grnhd
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:08 am

I always had more respect for BM Barrelcookers knowledge on that stretch of river... Marcel only got me lost in the fog out there!
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 pm

If you want to know some good spots to get out and hunt some birds, just send me
a pm and I will give you some info.

Some folks seem to think that they are extremely funny, when in fact, they come across like
a country bumkin jackass. People get on this site to give and get information, and to expand
their enjoyment of the sport of waterfowling. Not to get wise ass one liners from brain dead morons.

Others get on the site, mouth off , and probably never actually get outside and really hunt.
This is just a forum for them act like they are somebody special.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Riverrunner342 wrote:If you want to know some good spots to get out and hunt some birds, just send me
a pm and I will give you some info.

Some folks seem to think that they are extremely funny, when in fact, they come across like
a country bumkin jackass. People get on this site to give and get information, and to expand
their enjoyment of the sport of waterfowling. Not to get wise ass one liners from brain dead morons.

Others get on the site, mouth off , and probably never actually get outside and really hunt.

Are you for real???? What waterfowlers do you know that don't have a perverse sense of humor?

If these people don't know who Marcel AND Jerry are and can't take a joke do you think they need to be out on the river hunting?

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:13 pm

The person who opened this thread was looking for help from any willing person to get
information about possible hunting opportunities. I don't think that he was looking for
dumb comments.

As far as Marcel and Jerry, I can only assume that they are a couple of your boyfriends
and will leave that as it is. I am sure that you would consider your comments funny,
and think that you are a one man comedy show, but you pretty much do nothing more
than display your ignorance. But that would be OK, because you must be a big tough
duck hunter. You are the type of person that I would never consider hunting with, simply
because of your low level of intelligence.

Question: Does it hurt for you to be that stupid?
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby 13space82 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Riverrunner342 wrote: People get on this site to give and get information, and to expand

Sure, he's trying to get information....on spots that I already have enough competition at. Good luck to him, he'd have better luck with Marcel and Jerry that he would from me.

13space82
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Riverrunner342 wrote:The person who opened this thread was looking for help from any willing person to get
information about possible hunting opportunities. I don't think that he was looking for
dumb comments.

As far as Marcel and Jerry, I can only assume that they are a couple of your boyfriends
and will leave that as it is. I am sure that you would consider your comments funny,
and think that you are a one man comedy show, but you pretty much do nothing more
than display your ignorance. But that would be OK, because you must be a big tough
duck hunter. You are the type of person that I would never consider hunting with, simply

Jerry had a pretty good one man comedy show.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rank duck » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm

is this about homos?
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby JamieDuck1993 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:09 pm

JamieDuck1993
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Somebody must've been talkin to Uncle Versie. :hammer:
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 13space82 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Knock him out John!

13space82
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Now this is more like it!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!! :yes:
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby mmayes » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Riverrunner342 wrote:The person who opened this thread was looking for help from any willing person to get
dumb comments.

My ignorance must be bliss, because I have managed quite a few seasons with it and have done my fair share of killing ducks. :hi:

You don't have to ever worry about me wanting to hunt with you. I only hunt with people with a sense of humor that can take the ribbing. You are clearly not one of those. Good luck with your season.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 pm

dumb comments.

If the man only knew he was addressing a local legend... :no:
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby Riverrunner342 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 am

If ignorance is bliss, you must be extremely blissfull. You just don't get it. You call what you
write a joke, and make fun of those who disagree with you, but it appears that you are the one
who "can't take it". People who make fun of others come across as the same as a cowardly
high school bully. You can put it out, but get upset if someone starts giving it back to you.

Quit being part of the problem and try acting like an adult.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am

Riverrunner342 wrote:If ignorance is bliss, you must be extremely blissfull. You just don't get it. You call what you
write a joke, and make fun of those who disagree with you, but it appears that you are the one
who "can't take it". People who make fun of others come across as the same as a cowardly
high school bully. You can put it out, but get upset if someone starts giving it back to you.

You'll learn the error of your ways when the first three spots you try to set up on allready have yahoos sitting on them...

Hell; I need to new spots; can you let me in on a few? :hi:
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:05 pm

The problem with people coming on here to get information about "good hunting spots" is that they are not the only ones getting advice. Look at the number of views per thread on the forum's home page. When you give somebody a hint or actually tell them where to go, you are essentially telling a lot more people about a spot. I don't mind pointing somebody in the right direction via PM, but broadcasting info on a public forum is only asking for trouble when it comes to "good hunting spots." Rather than tell somebody "go to hell and find your own spots," most people tend to make jokes and/or avoid the original question with unrelated comments. Different methods, same results. I'm sorry if you are offended by this, but it is the way of hunting forums. I believe you asked for advice earlier this year on some areas in KY because you are an out-of-stater. If you received bad advice or a harsh response, I can understand where your earlier comments are coming from. Our posts aren't malicious towards the OP, they are just typical of what one gets when asking for "good hunting spots" on a public hunting forum that is viewed by hundreds of people.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Riverrunner342 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 pm

If you do not want to give away spots, then don't. The
Childish responses are what i don't get. Do you guys think that you
Are the first people to hunt that river. It does not hurt to help
Others every now and then. I hope everyone has a good season.
Riverrunner342
hunter

Postby Quackrstackr » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 pm

All that I've seen you do on this site is peddle wares, internet scout and piss down other people's waders.

You sure have a strange take on being the patron saint of waterfowl forums, RR342.
Quackrstackr
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 am

Riverrunner342 wrote:If ignorance is bliss, you must be extremely blissfull. You just don't get it. You call what you

Oh I get it way more than you ever will know. For the record, I case take the jokes as well as dish them out.

I must say you amuse me with all of your self righteous indignation for people like myself. At the end of the day none of your rantings will cause me to loose sleep so please by all means continue to tell me how much of a bully and coward I am. I will continue to laugh and continue on my mary way. :hi:

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Next

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting