New Guy here!

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

New Guy here!

Postby stratos284 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Hows it going guys,
I just got introduced to duck hunting this year, I always plan on going but just never made time due to work and non-stop fishing, Well I needed a change and my BIL has a lease so I finally decided to go....... Well I'm afraid its going to be addicting!!
I'll probally ask some dumb questions from time to time but needing to jamb a bunch of info in my head.
Phil C
stratos284
hunter

Re: New Guy here!

Postby kydrake » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:40 pm

:welcome:
kydrake
State Moderator

Postby Naterdashotgunner » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:33 pm

:welcome: :welcome:
Naterdashotgunner
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:27 pm

There is a really old school type of resource that Ive' tried to get friends to make use of but havent' had much success at... It's called your local library... They usually will have some sort of waterfowling book that will cover the basics and give you an appreciation for just how crafty and innovative the "pre robo" crowd was.

The best way I know for the average guy to learn to work the call is to get a $20 or so meat call and a calling vid or cd and practice while driving to work.

Not getting on you just trying to steer you in the right direction .
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting