back at it

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

back at it

Postby huntthemup » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Finally get to hunt in the am . Get off at 6 so it will be a late start . Corn creek and the ponds at Trimble LG&e holding three to four dozen ducks and about the same for geese . Hope we have a push of birds . So far this has been the most unproductive season in awhile . This weather should change that . Good luck to all .
huntthemup
hunter

Re: back at it

Postby huntthemup » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Finally birds. 2greenheads a black a red head messed up a nice group of pens. And two geese. Had 24 duck decoys out at first but birds wouldn't comit. Pulled all but 5 and left the 10 gesse decoys.birds came right in after the change . Hunted below big bone.
huntthemup
hunter

Postby rank duck » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Hunted Monday in the wind in Henderson county. Total bust. Fewest birds I've seen on any day this season. Didn't take long for me to pack it in. Glad you got a few. I'm going again in the morning.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:22 pm

huntthemup wrote:Finally birds. 2greenheads a black a red head messed up a nice group of pens. And two geese. Had 24 duck decoys out at first but birds wouldn't comit. Pulled all but 5 and left the 10 gesse decoys.birds came right in after the change . Hunted below big bone.

What part of the state?
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby huntthemup » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Got out again today birds worked well again . Just 6 duck decoys and 10 geese . Hunted further down river but above patriot . 3 of us got or limit on geese and 8 ducks . One of us was shooting better than the other two but. I'll let them think they killed them :thumbsup: have to work till next Friday so good luck to those that hunt this weekend .
huntthemup
hunter

Postby huntthemup » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:40 pm

On nights this week so stayed up and got out this morning. Should have stayed home . Saw 6 total ducks . One group of geese and two came back home with me . Off this weekend hope to get out . Any one seeing any birds in nky on the river ? Worst season we have had in years . Went through my journals and 99 was this bad . Will hunt 20-26 hard then will be working the last 4 days of the season . Hope we get some birds . Hope to hear someone up this way is having better hunts than we have had .
huntthemup
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I cruised up and down the licking about 5 miles or so on Saturday just seeing if birds were using it, jumped 2 mallards... Could have shot a 5 man limit on blue herrons, but no ducks to speak of... I never see any around the east side of 275 on the river either... And I only saw about a half dozen the other day at the boat dock... Absolutely horrible, zero birds
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting