Duck Hunting Forum banner

new to the sport and the area

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  greenriverswampwader 
#1 ·
i just recently started duckhunting i grew up in adair county where i had acces to green river wma which is where i went on my first duck hunt. i have recently moved to madison county. i didnt know if there were anywhere to duck hunt close to here. i know of the miller-welch wma and im planning on checking it out this week. but the season down there is only the last 15 days. if anyone wants to trade hunts im game for that. i have access to green river from private land where i do most of my duckin

#8 ·
I hunt mostly between 4 corners and 206......hasnt been alot of birds but for a first yr guy Ive done ok this season I guess. Im having so much fun I wish I would have start 20 or 30 yrs ago duck hunting. I would like to find some more experienced duck hunters to hunt with but learning on my own isnt bad either, Im having a blast. I live in Greensburg but make the run to knifely every weekend.

#11 ·
guys i wish i had gotten on here to talk to yall before season went out. but i moved from ac the pellyton area and i have hunted neatsville a few times may family has a farm on greench we hunt that mostly but i have seen both yall down there. you can catch me down there next year the day before duck season on the observation pond watch the duck fly in to roost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.