Duck Hunting Forum banner

Got my first duck!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  biscuits 
#1 ·
Well I was lucky enough to be taken out by KYfowl20(john) and his buddy Bobby today, and while we only killed one bird and didnt see many, the one we got was my first bird and a drake mallard. I am planning on getting it mounted and just wanted to give a personal shoutout to these guys and thank them for taking me out on my first hunt.

Chris

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I had a great time taking you out friday man. The coldest day of the season so far with the wind up like it was. I was hoping for a push of birds with that nice frontal system we had, but sometimes you have slow days like that. And Mike_b speaks the truth about waterfowl and our area of the state, its truly a chore to have a good shoot on public areas. Maybe next week I can get you on a decent goose shoot.
BTW: I don't put out 14 dozen decoys and 8 robos on a pond hunt, so you wont have to work quite as hard. :lol3:

#8 ·
If you guys need any more help setting decoys, let me know. I'm looking for an excuse to get out Mon, Wed and Friday of next week. Got class at 1 though. I hope the season ends with a bang, literally.

Curious what ramp you guys put in at? I hunted on Cave Run once this year and it was raining and saw no ducks..... All my normal holes out that way in late Nov were empty, haven't been back since. I ask because I thought Scott Creek was the only ramp open on the lake.

Also, whoever is shooting Hevi-Steel on MY public spots out there, I've got a trail cam on ya' and I found that shell you dropped in the creek. :biggrin:

#11 ·
Didn't find my shells nowhere!lol. It wasn't cave run though. Another lake a ways southeast of lexington. Hasnt proven to be very good this year though. Hunted it a couple times and brought one bird out of it. If I have a spot open ill holler at you. Tuesday is going to be my last day this year. Hanging everything up to dry that afternoon and calling it done til september. Weather is going to be terrible the rest of the season anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.