End of the Season...

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

End of the Season...

Postby DeathCommander » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Welp, it was a challenging year here in Central Ky, it was either good or really bad. Got skunked my fair share of times, but there is no bad days afield. We bounced back and fourth between here and Kansas, and ended up killing over 300 birds of all species; Woodies, Teal, Pintail, Mallards, Gadwall, Widgeon, Black Ducks, Spoonies, Ring-Necks, Can’s, Buffs, Bluebills, Canada Geese and Specs. It was a fantastic five months and as sad as I am to see it go, I look forward to more cooperative weather next year. With the passing of a season, you learn and experience so many new things that stick with you for the rest of your life. I met some great people along the way that have turned into close friends. Important lessons are learned, stories are created, and memories made. I try to never take a day afield for granted and count my blessings to be afforded the opportunity to chase fowl across the country. I hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable season. Lets here some stories! :beer:
2013-14 Season

SoDak- 97
KY- 13
KS-44
DeathCommander
hunter

Re: End of the Season...

Postby Lost_in_the_Woods » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Very well said
Lost_in_the_Woods
hunter

Re: End of the Season...

Postby Booney3721 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Just glad we didn't have any deaths this year either. This season was a tough one for me to but always look forward to next year.... A bad day in the blind beats a good day in the office anytime in my book.
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting