KY hunting?

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

KY hunting?

Postby #1wingnut » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:18 pm

Hey yall,
My brother and life long hunting partner just bought a house in Kentucky.
Not sure of the exact local. his wife went there last week for a mini vaca. and saw a house she liked and bought it on the spot.
How is the duck hunting? Refuges, private, rivers, Lakes, ponds whats he in for?
we hunt a lot here in Nor Cal, 100 day duck season we are out close to 60 days in the marsh. we also chase turkey, pheasant, deer, and quail
not to mention world class trout and Salmon fishing.

we have all this in our back yards (almost) Im in my tank 30 min fom home. I can be on the water after BIG kings 15 min from home
and the pheasant and turkey ARE in the back yard.
the better deer hunting trout fishing is 60 to 90 min out.

We live for Fur, fins and feathers; did he go wrong?

maybe some pics? I will post this in the honey hole also not sure how often
this page is checked by you locals.

Thanks for your help

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Postby Fowlercon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:40 pm

Find out where in KY he bought the house as he may be in range of a refuge or WMA. I'll tell you that hunting ducks in Kentucky is not what it once was but then again you could make that argument all over the country. There are ducks to be had here you just have to work to get them. As far as the fishing and other hunting I would call it above average. If you want good sport fishing here you'll be going after small and largemouth bass. Panfish and catfish if you like as well. As far as the whitetails I would call it at the top 5 to 8 states in the country. At our farm we have 150 inch deer easy. We have an excellent turkey flock(s) as well. If you like check out this link for further info on hunting in Kentucky; http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/

Welcome to Kentucky and enjoy a few pics from my collection.............

[siteimg]1455[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1459[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1401[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1320[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1266[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1265[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1130[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1613[/siteimg]
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby #1wingnut » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:35 pm

Thanks for the info. I might have to go out and get in on some of that whitetail action myself.
and great pics :thumbsup:

I love those long necks :yes:
If you ever get out to the left bank give me a holler I'll save you a spot in the tank and/or boat.

Dan
#1wingnut
Super Moderator

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting