Central/east KY bird count

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Central/east KY bird count

Postby mike_b » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 am

Here's my report / count from this morning:
mike_b
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 pm
Location: Lexington, KY


Re: Central/east KY bird count

Postby duckbuster06 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Here's mine from Western KY:

14 pigeons sittin on the red barn
22 doves on the driveway/powerline
1 lone goose honkin in the distance on my morning jog
User avatar
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Western KY

Central/east KY bird count

Postby mike_b » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 pm

duckbuster06 wrote:Here's mine from Western KY:

14 pigeons sittin on the red barn
22 doves on the driveway/powerline
1 lone goose honkin in the distance on my morning jog


If I could hunt dove in my backyard I'd never go hungry.
mike_b
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 pm
Location: Lexington, KY

Re: Central/east KY bird count

Postby teddysberna » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 am

VERY FEW in my areas... That thunderstorm yesterday didn't help
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 5051
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Central/east KY bird count

Postby kyoutdooraddict » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 pm

1 drake mallard and 1 coot killed saturday after thanksgiving. Hopefully cold weather this week will bring birds down to us :violin:
Take nothing but pictures... leave nothing but footprints... kill nothing but ducks, deer, turkeys, rabbits, quail, doves, carp, gar, coyotes, hogs...
User avatar
kyoutdooraddict
hunter
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:07 pm
Location: Louisville, KY

Central/east KY bird count

Postby mike_b » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 pm

I sat in the blind Friday and Saturday and didn't see a single bird flying. I'm debating heading north or west to go find birds.
mike_b
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 pm
Location: Lexington, KY

Re: Central/east KY bird count

Postby teddysberna » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 am

mike_b wrote:I sat in the blind Friday and Saturday and didn't see a single bird flying. I'm debating heading north or west to go find birds.



Ditto. We saw 3 yesterday and about 12 Saturday. Just nothing around. The strange thing was the geese. We saw 3 all weekend, and normally see at least a hundred at one spot.
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 5051
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Central/east KY bird count

Postby goosemaster15 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 pm

mike you huntin in lex area i hunt stamping ground you having any luck yet
goosemaster15
hunter
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 pm


Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests