lake cumberland

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

lake cumberland

Postby goosemaster15 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm

hey guys i know its to late this year but i was woundering if any of you know the rules of the place, my gfs family owns a house boat at lees ford i was thinking of staying there and taking my duck rig out in the mornings.
goosemaster15
hunter

Re: lake cumberland

Postby mike_b » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:59 am

There's a refuge defined in the guide but its easier to see in the KDFWR geomap. Most the lake is surrounded by wma land and is legal to hunt if it isn't a vertical cliff. But I'm pretty sure it's a myth that ducks exist on Cumberland except at the marinas, where limits are limitless.
mike_b
hunter

Postby goosemaster15 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 pm

sittin on the house boat i see hundreds. if its wma does that mean i can hunt off the bank
goosemaster15
hunter

Postby mike_b » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm

goosemaster15 wrote:sittin on the house boat i see hundreds. if its wma does that mean i can hunt off the bank

Look at the map. Almost all shore is wma. Look at the PDF map and the online map. You can't hunt near a marina as it'll be considered baited.

http://kygeonet.ky.gov/kdfwr/viewer.htm
mike_b
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting