Soldier new to Kentucky

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Soldier new to Kentucky

Postby jacob430 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 pm

I have been stationed at Ft. Knox Kentucky for about a year and a half. Ft. Knox is about 30 minutes outside of Louisville. I have only found one place in this area to duck hunt and I was not very impressed. I am looking for somewhere to hunt in Kentucky. I would greatly appreciate if someone would allow me to tag along this upcoming season. I have been hunting in Illinois since I was a young boy, I am very safe and an easy person to get along with. I am willing to travel throughout the state if need be. Thank you for your time.
jacob430
hunter

Re: Soldier new to Kentucky

Postby Jake88 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Check out Duck Lake right there on Fort Knox. Hunting Area 40. I have to do all the sign in, draw, background check BS to hunt it, but we've killed limits on that lake several times. You, being military, can sign in to the area without all the hassle. My favorite blind is about a mile from Duck Lake, on my dads property, and every Friday and Saturday morning during season it sounds like those guys are having more fun than me
Jake88
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 am

Catch me closer to season and I will see if I can help ya out.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby jacob430 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Thank you for your help
jacob430
hunter

Postby NicholasCarter@BMO » Sun May 05, 2013 12:06 pm

I hunt the Ohio river a lot as well as the KY river and the Wabash. I have private land too. I always have room if you ever want to go. My number is 502.514.5400 and email is nicholas@backwoodzmafia.com
NicholasCarter@BMO
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting