Bowling Green

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Bowling Green

Postby bradmartin5 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to start my job as a police officer in Bowling Green this month and I was wondering if there are any kind souls who could let me in on/know about some duck hunting spots in or around BG. If it's private land I would be more than willing to help with blinds, fields, or anything else that you may need. Just let me know!

-Brad
bradmartin5
Newb

Re: Bowling Green

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Head west.
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mox » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Pretty limited where you are. You could enter the Sandhill draw at barren though. Best bet is to make a couple trips west and keep your fingers crossed.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby mox » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Oh and there's no birds west of you until you get past the crick. :)
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby KYh20fowl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 am

bradmartin5 wrote:Hello all,

I'm getting ready to start my job as a police officer in Bowling Green this month and I was wondering if there are any kind souls who could let me in on/know about some duck hunting spots in or around BG. If it's private land I would be more than willing to help with blinds, fields, or anything else that you may need. Just let me know!

-Brad

Congrats on the new job! I'm a noob to waterfowling, but spent quite a few mornings during the Spring turkey season at Peabody WMA. It's about 30-40 miles north of BG straight up the Natcher, just south of Beaver Dam. Pretty decent refuge there, but couldn't tell you if it holds many birds during waterfowl season. Can't help you with leads on private land, but I'm working on it. Will send you a PM if I hear of anything.

Paul the Noob

PS> I appreciate your service. My family has owned pharmacies in KY for over 40 years and we tend to meet law enforcement officers several times a year. If I meet you during the day, it's usually because an employee accidentally hit a panic button. If I meet you at night, well, I'm usually sweeping up a busted window and taking inventory! Thanks and stay safe! :thumbsup:
God is great. He blessed me with 3 healthy children.
He also has a sense of humor. He made sure they were all girls...VERY pretty girls.
KYh20fowl
Newb

Postby KyMike » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Paul,

I've PM Brad already with some info. PM me if you want to hunt around BG. There are plenty of local birds in the area.
KyMike
hunter

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting